twenty three

Sam

I was beyond pissed at what Lila told me.

I was pissed that her parents stepped all over her.

I was pissed that her parents still controlled her.

But I was even more pissed when she said that her parents still abused her.

She didn't have anywhere else to go and it seemed like her parents weren't leaving anytime soon, and they were catching on that I was close to her.

"I know where we can go." I whispered in her ear

"Where?" She cried sniffling

"To Colby's for a little bit." I said grabbing some napkins at the counter so she can blow her nose "Just sit here for a bit."

I walked up to the counter seeing her friend there watching us "Could I have a coffee and whatever she likes to get here."

She nodded her head and typed everything in as I grabbed my wallet quickly.

"No." She quickly said

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows

"It's on the house, honestly you take really good care of Lila. She needs someone like you in her life."

I slightly nodded before looking back at Lila who was scrolling on her phone wiping her nose with her sleeve. I turned back towards the counter when the girl came back with my things.

"Thanks." I said

She nodded before waving at Lila was we walked out the door getting into my car.

"Can Tara and Katrina come also?" She asked

I shrugged my shoulders "Sure, it's not my apartment."

"Thank you." She said smiling a little "I just haven't seen them in awhile and I miss them."

"I understand." I said shrugging my shoulders

I just hope when we got back Lila was able to go back to her own apartment, not that I minded but I didn't like sharing my personal things and I didn't like everything smelling like her perfume.

It was messing with my mind.