fifteen

Lila

"Just call into work Lila, you look sick." Katrina said trying to take my bag away

"And it's raining who's going to take you?" Tara asked

I shook my head "I'm fine, I'll walk anyway I need to go to work."

Even though I didn't get home till late last night and barely got any sleep, I had to go to work. Missing over a dozen of calls from my boss was the hint that I needed to show or I'll get fired.

But Katrina or Tara weren't having it.

"Guys please let me go." I pleaded leaning onto the wall

"No!" They both yelled

I loudly groaned sliding down the wall until I hit the floor "I need to go to work."

"You don't have to."

"But I will."

I stood up grabbing my bag from Katrina hands and grabbing my keys, I left without a goodbye and getting in the elevator. Nothing was going to stop me from going to work I need money to live.

I walked out the doors to meet with the pouring rain coming down.

I slightly nodded my head before I started to walk quickly to work, nothing was going to stop me.

€€€

"Go home."

"What?" I said my eyes going wide

Emil looked at me "You look like shit what the hell has been happening to you?"

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know."

Emil sadly frowned "Go get some rest."

"I walked all this way for nothing?" I questioned

"Yeah pretty much." Emil said

I sighed again before tipping my head back to look at the ceiling it was silent between me and Emil before we heard the bell above the door ring.

"I'll get it!" We yelled before running out to the counter

I smiled before it dropped seeing Sam looking at us frowning.

"What can I get you?" Emil asked

"Just a coffee is fine."

Emil nodded before going off to back it and Sam looked back and me.

"You look like shit."

"Not the first time I heard that." I mumbled "I had to walk in the rain and now I was told to go home."

"I really didn't care." He said

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag "Bye Emil."

"Get some sleep." She told me once again handing Sam his coffee

"That would be a miracle." I said leaving the coffee shop

The rain was still coming down but not as hard as when I first left but yet I was still cold and wet, I wrapped my arms around myself trying to walk a bit faster without slipping.

"Lilac!"

I stopped walking before turning to see Sam parked on the side of road.

"What?" I said just wanting to go home

"Get in the car." He said

I heard him unlock the doors as he waited for me but I didn't move.

"I'm fine." I said starting to walk again

He slowly followed behind me trying to convince me to get in the vehicle with him but how could I trust him.

"Lilac." He said

"Fine." I said getting in the passenger seat and putting my bag in the backseats. "Just take me home."