thirty four

Sam

"You're going to catch a cold." I said

Lila turned her head, looking up at me with tears in her eyes. "How did you know it was me?"

"I'm pretty sure you're the only one with a pink jacket." I smiled before sitting down next to her

She hummed.

"What are you doing out here pretty girl?"

She stared at her shoes "You lied to me, didn't you?"

"About what?"

"Where your next match is, and how you don't want me to come with you. I know you didn't fire Colby either."

"Of course I want you with Lila, I'm just scared that I'm going to loose you. I won't be able to watch over you and that bothers me so fucking much."

She didn't say anything.

"And I didn't fire Colby because he's been there for me, and I couldn't find another coach as good as he is."

She slowly nodded her head "You aren't using me, right?"

I shook my head "Lila why in the world would I do that?"

She shrugged her shoulders "Adam did, and I guess I can't just shake off the feeling that you'll do it too."

I wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her in closer, "I wouldn't do that Lila."

She slight smiled "I hope you don't Sam."

~~~

Lila stayed over again.

That's been our thing recently, staying over at each other's places.

If she likes it then so do I.

"Let's watch another movie." She whispered

I was already falling asleep but I hummed "Pick out another one."

"I can't if don't stay awake." She said resting her chin on my shoulder

"I'm tired, this is our fifth movie." I mumbled

She sighed "Come on baby, let's go to bed."

Baby

I liked it.

I crawled under the covers getting comfortable before I felt the bed shift as Lila got in scooting closer to me.

"Good night Sam." She said grabbing my hand under the covers

"Night Lilac."