thirty seven

Lila

Sam didn't remember anything the next day and I wasn't surprised especially after all the medication he had to take just so the pain would go away for a bit.

But nothing was awkward between us like I thought it would be. I've been staying with Sam more in his apartment to take care of him and to make sure nothing happens again.

"Okay, you took your pain medication, right?" I asked grabbing my jacket

He nodded his head.

"And there are ice packs in the freezer and ibuprofen on the counter in the bathroom." I spat out as I put my shoes on

"There is leftover food in the fridge but if you're not up to that there is-"

Sam cut me off "Yes Lila there is soup in the fridge."

"Uh- I'm sorry, I'm just worried."

"And you don't have to be, I'll be alright."

I nodded my head "Right. I'll be back around five."

He nodded his head before pulling me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Be safe Lilac."

I wrapped my arms around his waist squeezing a bit while trying not to hurt the bruises.

"I will."

I started towards the door "And don't forget anything I just said."

"I won't."

"Okay bye Sam, love you." I quickly said before shutting the door and running down the hallway towards the elevators

°°°

"So?"

"So what?" I asked Emil after I finished with the last costumer

"Did you tell him?"

"I mean kinda."

"Kinda? What's that supposed to mean."

"After the incident with Adam he was so loopy on medication that-"

"You said it then so he wouldn't remember?"

I nodded my head "Yeah and it seems like he doesn't remember."

I heard Emil sigh.

"I know, I tried to shoot my shot and I purposely missed it."

"Tell him again."

I shook my head "No, I'm just going to avoid it till he says something."

Emil shook her head cleaning down the counters so we can close for the night.

"You can't keep avoiding it."

"You don't think I already know that? It's hard for me to say something."

"He's the one Lila."

I sighed "I know."