twenty eight

Sam

I walked out of my bedroom to see Lila in my kitchen eating cereal, I should have never given her my spare key, she isn't afraid to use it.

"What are you doing?" I questioned while walking up to her

She shrugged her shoulders "Couldn't sleep and I missed you." She smiled looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and gave her a smile knowing that it would make her happy.

"Are you training today?"

I shook my head "For once no."

"So you're free like all day? Not doing anything?"

I shook my head before going to make my own bowl of cereal.

"So we could do something together? Like all day?"

"Yes sweet girl we can do whatever you want to do." I said going back over to her and leaned against the counter

"Movie marathon?"

I nodded my head "I'll get popcorn and ice cream."

She set her bowl in the sink before wrapping her arms around my neck pulling me close to her.

"You're the best." She whispered in my ear giving me chills

•••

We both sat on the couch wrapped in a blanket while the fifth Harry Potter movie was on, this is what Lila decided to binge watch. We went through one big container of ice cream and three bowls of popcorn.

"I like doing this with you." She said resting her head on my shoulder

"You didn't do this with Tara or Kat?"

"I did when I couldn't sleep, but I like it more with you."

Her saying that made my stomach feel weird, I could even feel the redness start to paint my cheeks. I pulled the girl next to me a little bit closer just enough for me to smell her flowery perfume.

"How have you been sleeping?" I asked

She shrugged her shoulders "Recently pretty good."

I nodded before focusing back onto the movie.

"You know" I said looking at Lila "I like doing this with you too."

She smiled before resting her head on my shoulder.

I never wanted this to end.