Chapter 2: Devil Fruit

Italic and underline means that you're talking in your mind

Italic and Bold means sound effects

___________________________________

Holy shit.

You were op. The ability to control time?! That could solve so many problems!

Watching One Piece spoilers come in handy! Now I could save quite a few people- like Thatch! Or Whitebeard- and even Ace! What if I save Corazon too-? Would that change too much? Whatever- I'll think of a plan to save all of them!

Yeah, you were mentally thinking about what you could do- but how do you use this fruit? The book doesn't say... That page is kind of ripped out. Dang it.

You decided to try and figure it out yourself. But before that- the door slammed open and you quickly put the book away.

Shanks stood there. Grinning.

Uh oh. That didn't look good. He's grinning a little too widely.

What is he planning?

"Show me the book you're reading! I'm interested! My names Shanks what's yours?"

You just stared at him. He acts too childish to your liking. So you just ignored him and walked out.

"Wha- hey! Don't just ignore me!"

He rushes after you and starts asking you many questions. Which you found annoying.

"So why were you on that island alone? You look familiar, but I can't get my mind on it! Why are you ignoring me? What's your name?"

What a chatterbox..

Soon enough, you were fed up.

"My name is (Y/n) and I won't repeat it so please respectfully shut up."

Shanks stood dumbfounded at your answer.

"Oh, no wonder you were so familiar! You're the girl who's worth 79 million berries!"

You froze.

They found out. Are they going to turn me in now?

"That's pretty cool! What did you do to get that bounty? I'm still trying to get my bounty higher, and you're younger than me!"

You stared at him. Scoffing, you turned away and started walking to wherever. Since you were kidnapped, and you had no idea what the ship looks like, you decided to wander.

Of course, you were still ignoring the nagging Shanks besides you.

You glared at him. But he just smiled and laughed and kept talking.

He's annoying... And he's just like Luffy when he was younger. Why did God have to send me to this time?

You complained mentally. However, you were thankful that you got such a helpful Devil fruit.

Aha!

A lightbulb appeared above your head. You decided now was the time to try to stop time, since there was nothing else to do, and you didn't want to hear Shank's nagging.

*clap*

You clapped your hands and..

Nothing happened.

"What're you doing??"

Now you were fed up with this bullshit.
So instead, you tried snapping your fingers.

*snap*

And...

Aha. It worked. Shank's isn't talking anymore and everything seemed calm.

Waving your hands in front of Shanks' face you mentally congratulated yourself.

To pay him back for all his nagging, you slapped him.

And then you snapped your fingers again.

*snap*

Shanks felt the stinging pain on his face, but you were already gone.

"Where did she go-? And did she just slap me?!"

There you were, sitting in the crow's nest. Until you spotted something. A ship in the distance. You squinted your eyes.

It's a Marine ship. They can handle it right?

"There's a Marine ship! Just letting you know."

Panic.

They were panicking and you stood dumbfounded.

Aren't they supposed to be pirates? They're all wusses.

Shanks and Benn were the only ones who looked ready.

Soon enough, the Marines were aboard. And the fight began. You just decided you rest and watch them fight. After all, Shank's never really got screen time in the anime.

*bang*

A bullet grazed your cheek.

What the heck- I almost died!

You didn't want to interfere but now you have to. You mentally argued with yourself because- you aren't even part of this crew!

*snap*

There it goes, time has now stopped. Now you're climbing down. You grabbed a marine and pushed them off the ship. Then you grabbed another and repeated. Until there were no marines left you climbed back on the crows nest and snapped your fingers.

*snap*

Confusion.

Everyone looks confused. How did the marines just fall overboard without them doing anything? What just happened?

Shanks had a suspicion it was you- but he didn't know how you did it.

Murmurs filled the ship- but instead of paying attention to that-

"Let's party!!"

Yeah.. I kind of expected that.

What type of adventures will you go on with this troublesome crew?

(770 words)