Chapter 22: Set Sail!

Italic and underline means that you're talking in your mind

Italic and Bold means sound effects

(Just to inform you, but let's just say that Thatch died 3 months before Ace was caught, so Thatch will die in 2 and a half years)

___________________________________

Days have gone by, and those days turned into weeks. While weeks turned into months. Your journey with Shanks was like any other day. Training, exploring islands, buying sake, partying, reading, and repeating it all over again.

When a year had passed after your journey with the Whitebeard Pirates, you decided that it was time.

"Hey Shanks."

He hummed in response, as he was playing a game of poker with Benn, Lucky Roo, and Yassop.

"I'm leaving the crew. Do I have permission?"

Silence.

They all stared at you. You were very uncomfortable- as you didn't really like how many peoples eyes were on you, but it was to be expected.

"Y-you're what?"

Shanks stuttered in disbelief.

"I'll say it again then, I'm leaving the crew Shanks. Do I have permission?"

...

"May I ask why you want to leave the crew, (Y/n)?"

Benn questioned you.

You didn't want to responds with a casual, 'oh I'm going to go see some future famous figures and save someone on the Whitebeard ship in the next year and a half'

"I kind of want the adventure of traveling alone ya know?"

"I respect your decision. However, it depends all on the captain."

Yassop suddenly spoke, as everyone started to turn towards Shanks.

He sighed.

"I knew this would come up some day, but look at you! You look like a 13 year old kid!"

"Shanks... I don't think I told you about my discovery yet- also I can beat you in a spar so don't worry about me getting into trouble. But, since I could ya know.. with my Devil fruit? I found out that I could age myself."

It's true, during your time with the Whitebeard Pirates you trained and discovered that you could change your age, yourself, when you go back in time or go to the future. So while you're traveling, you decided to go with your 20 year old body.

Before the crews very eyes, your 13-year old body turned into a 20-year old woman's body.

"I'm quiet jealous of your Devil fruit now. If only I could age myself into my younger days.."

"Don't talk about how old you are Shanks, you technically are still young. I mean, just look at Garp."

"Haha, I guess that's true. Well, I give you permission to leave this crew (Y/n)! But you better come visit us once in a while!"

"Got that."

You did a little salute and smiled.

They dropped you off at a nearby island which was protected by Shanks' crew. In the island, you looked around and saw bounty posters up.

You looked at one particular one.

My bounty rose again..?

The last time you saw your bounty, it was at 400 million berries

I wonder why they rose it?

There was an article saying,

(Y/n) (L/n) found traveling with the Whitebeard Pirates?! An alliance between two Emperors of the Sea?

Deadpanning, you knew why your bounty rose now.

They rose it because they spotted me with Ace and Marco. Stupid Marines...

You checked to see if there were any other news. Looking all over the paper, you searched for any news about Nico Robin.

It's been such a long time since I've seen her... I wonder how she's been doing?

Knowing that Robin was going to be saved in a year, you smiled to yourself.

Come to think about it.... Everyone in Luffy's crew would've died without him right? I wonder...

Shaking your head, you ignored the thought. You walked into a bar craving some beer. However, some idiotic drunk guys started to hit on you. Of course, you were annoyed. So you gave them a death glare and they immediately recognized who you were.

"It's (Y/n) (L/n)! We're sorry!"

They all yelled and ran outside. Even though this island was under Shanks' protection, they can't help but feel intimidated in front of the crew. Especially you, who's probably the second most mature in the crew after Benn.

You drank 3 bottles of alcohol, as you were already quiet used to the taste. Remembering the time when you walked around the Moby Dick in your 20-year old form, Ace and Thatch forced you to drink, as they were also very drunk themselves.

At least that boosted up your tolerance... but you got massive hangovers the next day which you were not fond about.

Where to head to first..?

You still had a year and a half until Thatch dies, and Luffy will set sail 4 months before he dies.

My schedule is really empty now that I realize it.

Placing your index finger and thumb on your nose, you pinched your nose.

So what should I do? I could annoy the flamingo and possibly get caught. Or I could visit the Whitebeard Pirates again- no I should visit them later. Maybe I should-

An idea popped in your head.

Oh I know exactly what to do now!

You jumped into your little boat that you bought.

"Set sail towards Alabasta!"

(907 words)

A/n: sorry if this chapter was short! I have many ideas, but I decided to push it into the next chapter.