Chapter 8: Stubborness

Italic and underline means that you're talking in your mind

Italic and Bold means sound effects

___________________________________

You were relaxing on the deck like any normal day, and everyone else was partying as usual. Drinking sake, playing card games, laughing and cheering.

Until, a loud rumble was heard, echoing across the sea.

Cannonballs we're being.. thrown? Not fired? What the hell.. This reminded you of someone but you couldn't get your mind on it. Although, you were pretty sure they were an important character.

About 4 marine ships were headed towards the ship and Benn is yelling out orders across the deck already.

You've never seen Shanks sober up so quickly, you knew something was wrong.

Taking someone's telescope, you looked through, and saw your worst nightmare.

Sorry, I mean ASL's worst nightmare.

Garp.

He's on one of the ships.

He's either here to take down Shanks and then turn him in, or just here for a chit chat, or he could be here for you. Especially since you could read poneglyphs, as you already finished your book that's still hidden in your room.

No one knows about this secret compartment in your room which contains the books you've had since forever, not even Shanks, nor Benn. You've kept it a secret because you don't want anyone other than you to know.

You quickly went up the crows nest and watched things play out.

Garp walked into the ship while Shanks walked up right in front of him.

However, Garp wasn't paying attention to Shanks, he was looking around.

So hes not here for a chit chat or for Shanks eh?

Now you could assume he was given orders to capture you, and you weren't fond of that.

I mean, who would want to get captured by the Marines just to be used as a tool?

Definitely not me.

Garp looked up and right on time you ducked down so he wouldn't see you.

He squinted his eyes.

"Bwahaha!! I thought I just saw something, but whatever, where's the girl Akagami?"

"You mean (Y/n)? Why would you need to know?"

Garp put his pinky finger in his nose.

"Orders from above, can't leave until we've captured her."

"Like hell I'm just going to hand her over to you! Right (Y/n- wait Benn she's gone! Where'd she go?!"

You made sure to hide your presence so even if someone had haki, they wouldn't notice you there.

Decisions decisions, yeah, they suck, but you decided to stay up there until Garp leaves.

You didn't want to go to the Marines because they would treat you like a prisoner and you didn't want that.

Hiding your presence was a piece of cake to you. However, he's very stubborn and didn't leave for the past 4 hours.

I was wondering where Luffy got that stubbornness from... turns out it was from his Grandpa eh?

Garp was not planning on leaving until he captured you. Garp, knew that if he went back to base empty-handed, he would get a big scolding from the fleet admiral, and Sengoku.

He hates Sengoku's big lectures and doesn't plan on hearing them anytime soon.

___________________________________

It's been another 3 hours, and it's already night. Garp fell asleep in a crate that he's been sitting on.

And you decided nows you time to escape.

Still hiding your presence, you crept up to Benn and told him you were leaving.

He nodded.

You packed the things you needed and headed out.

*snap*

Just in case.

After stopping time, you went to an extra boat on the side of the ship and sailed on it.

*snap*

The ocean started moving again and you started to sail away from the boat.

Luckily, it was nighttime and the Marines didn't see you escape the ship.

___________________________________

Now you're currently on a random island that you've never heard of in the anime.

It was a weird island really.

Everything was green. Not a single sight of any other color.

Everything surrounding you was green.

Green flowers, green grass, green tree trunks, green leaves, and even green animals?!

This was weird but whatever, the fruits were green too, but they tasted the same as how they always taste.

Food was abundant in this island so you could rest here until Benn calls you and tells you the coast is clear.

___________________________________

~With Garp and Shanks~

"She's not here Garp, she left for a vacation and isn't planning on coming back in 2 years, so we don't know where she is."

Obviously that was a lie. Since you were already back and Benn had your Vivre Card.

Garp was dumb of course though, so he believed that lie.

Shanks was a horrible liar but Benn was good at keeping poker faces.

So Benn was an amazing liar.

Once Garp and the Marine ships were out of sight, the crew sighed in relief.

Now Benn dialed you using the snail.

Purururururu

Pururururu

Gachack

"Benn is it clear now?"

"Yeah, he left a few minutes ago, it should be safe to come back now."

"Actually.. why don't you guys come here? I found a pretty interesting island that you guys would probably love to see..."

___________________________________

~back to you~

Shanks and the crew were now headed towards your direction.

The Island was really interesting.

You found out that the color of everything in the island changed every hour. So now everything is white.

The food still tastes good...

It felt like heaven. Amazing food, and everything surrounding you was white so it felt like you were above clouds.

Now you have to wait for Shanks, and enjoy the peacefulness as much as you can.

(945 words)