10 | daisy, the cow

✲ ✲ ✲

✲ ✲ ✲

J J W O O D F O R D

THE FIRST RULE OF GOING TO A PARTY where you only really know one person is to never get too drunk, I've learnt the hard way in the past. I passed successfully and woke up this morning feeling on top of the world. Finn on the other hand, he texts me from his room saying that he feels like absolute dog shit.

I don't really remember seeing him in a bad state last night but that's because most of my night was occupied by that girl with the tan skin and dark locks. Danielle, was it? No. Daisy. Like the cow. I remember almost saying that to her last night, good thing I didn't.

When Finn is still moping in bed, I shower early and get changed into fresh clothes for the day. I knock on his door and he groans, I laugh and walk my way inside. "Rise and shine," I say, ripping open his blinds to flash in the scorching sun.

He groans and covers his eyes. "You're a fucking ass."

"Come on, the beer can't have gotten you that bad."

"I need coffee and a large breakfast from the local cafe," he mumbles into his pillow pathetically.

I half roll my eyes as I stare at him. "You never used to be this bad at uni, what the hell happened to you?"

"I don't know," his voice is so muffled I barely understand him. After a few moments he presses his hand to the mattress and perches himself against the headboard, rubbing his eyes viciously. "Ugh God. I feel sick."

A stifled laugh escapes me as I cross my arms and lean onto his dresser. "Still moping?"

He flips me off and I shake my head. "Fine. I'll go get breakfast."

"You will?" My eyebrows raise in shock.

Finn nods and then swings his legs over the bed. He pauses, having to take a moment for himself. I think he's about to vomit all over the wooden floor but he doesn't, he stands and stabalises himself. "All good. Let me find my car keys and I'll go."

"I'll come with."

He waves a hand at me–signalling no. "I need the space. I need the time not to be judged. Are you okay with that?"

"Fine," I chuckle. "Go and bring me back a bacon sandwich and a coffee with one sugar. Thanks."

Finn doesn't even bother to shower before he pulls on his clothes and searches for his keys. I chuckle to myself and follow him downstairs, giving him a farewell before I find some orange juice in the fridge and pour myself a glass.

I stand against the counter, scrolling through my phone. I've been texting my dad over the last couple of days. My mum has officially started her experimental treatment and the doctors will know soon if it's working. I've been praying with everything I have that she pulls through and this is a miracle for her, for all of us.