Epilogue

✲ ✲ ✲

✲ ✲ ✲

J J W O O D F O R D

Eight months later

Exam season is the worst. Especially when it's your last year of University. I've been non-stop studying, late nights and library runs. I can't wait for it to be over. I can't wait to get into the real world and find a job perfect for me.

I've enjoyed the last few years but I'm ready to fly the nest.

I'm also stupidly excited to spend an entire summer with Ivy. I haven't seen her in over a month, we've both been so busy with exams and coursework. We both agreed to making our degrees a priority because we both want to get good grades. It sucks but when I finally see her it'll be worth it.

One more week and all of this will be over.

We text everyday, FaceTiming when we can and catching each other up.

I have to admit it's been tough. I knew it would but I didn't think I could miss someone this much. It actually hurts.

Being at Universities at the opposite end of the country is fucking hard. But we've made it work, I knew it would because I know how I feel about her. I want to be with her for the rest of my life and I know she feels the same way.

Finn keeps saying he's never seen me so soppy but he's glad to see how much I truly care about his sister. I think he's finally coming around, even though he makes the odd comment here and there.

I drop the pen I'm using to make notes and I grab my phone, bringing up my last conversation with Ivy.

JJ: I miss you, princess

Her response is immediate and I relax back in my chair at my desk. God, I don't want to study, I just want to talk to her all night and listen to how her day has been.

Ivy: I miss you too

Ivy: Not long now, only a few more weeks and we can see each other

JJ: I need you now.

JJ: Fuck, I just want to cuddle you. Is that too much to ask for?

Ivy: I want the same. Can't wait to squeeze you.

JJ: This summer is going to top last summer. I'm not letting you out of my sight.

Ivy: Not even for a second?

JJ: Nope. Even when I need to use the bathroom, you're coming with me.

Ivy: You've got issues

JJ: Yeah. I'm fucking obsessed with you.

Ivy: Once uni is over it'll all be worth it

JJ: Yeah, every second will be worth it to see your beautiful face