ᴅᴀᴠɪɴᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪʟɪʏᴀ ᴀʀɪᴇᴠ

NOTE: Hey guys!

Here's the second chapter, it's a bit short but I feel like it introduces Davina and Iliya quite nicely. They both will be important in this book.

Hope you like it! Please, let me know your thoughts about it.

Enjoy~~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

No one dared to say a single word after that statement. The room was so silent that; if a needle fell, it would surely be audible. The air was heavy, as if; it was just waiting for a spark to start a fire. Not that Jamie doubted that, at some point, things would indeed catch fire. The exchange of glances between the Black brothers was visibly not friendly. Actually, it was so unfriendly that if not for their hauntingly similar appearance, Jamie would never believe they were brothers. In truth, the boy might not know them well, but he was sure of one thing. The two definitely hated each other.

"Before we dive deep into this topic, Mr Black, I have to ask you. What do you want?" questioned Dumbledore. "I certainly, believe you didn't come all this way merely to throw us out of your house. You would not be foolish enough to put yourself and your son in danger merely because of a petty conflict with your brother," Dumbledore reasoned wisely.

"So tell us, what really brings you here?"

The man chuckled and nodded slightly with his head.

"Good point," acknowledged him. "No reason not to say what I want, so I'll go straight to the point."

"I want to join the Order."

Sirius gave a wry laugh.

"That's ridiculous," stated the older Black. "You? On the Order? Do we have to remind you of who we fight against?"

Regulus rolled his eyes.

"The years didn't make you any funnier, Sirius," mocked the boy.

"Very well," interrupted Dumbledore. "If..."

"Honestly, Dumbledore. You can't seriously be considering this," intervened Sirius. "He's a Death Eater! You know what he did!"

"This is my condition. I join in, and you remain free to use the house. Don't let me enter; you have one day to get out of here. Nicely," Regulus said. "Take it or leave it, old man."

"This is absurd!" exploded Lily, her face redder than her hair. "I will not accept a Death Eater under the same roof as my son."

"Then you can leave," retorted Archer shrugging, causing everyone to look at him. "It's our house. You are the ones who are living under our roof, not the other way around."

The woman snorted in surprise and irritation.

"I'm sorry, Regulus, but I can't go against the majority," Dumbledore spoke up. "You can't stay, and we can't leave. If there is anything..."

Regulus let out a laugh.

"Ah, the Gryffindor arrogance. I definitely didn't miss it."

The man put his hands in his pockets and agreed slightly with his head.

"Then I guess the house will have to decide who gets to stay," he stated. "I tried to be reasonable; I really did. But you guys didn't give me a choice."

Regulus removed his wand from his robes and pointed it at his chest. Everyone raised their wands towards him and waited for Dumbledore's permission to strike.

"No one is allowed to leave here until I say they can," the man proclaimed.

"No!" exclaimed Sirius trying to stop his brother, but it was too late.