ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏᴀʀᴅɪɴɢ

NOTE: Hey guys!

I'm so sorry I took too long!

I'm finally back home, but life has been crazy these days. I'm trying to find more time to write, but it's been quite difficult.

Anyway, I truly hope you enjoy this chapter!

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

The rest of the evening didn't pass as fast as Mia would like. She stood in the corner with her friends for a while, doing her best to enjoy their company, but something made it impossible for her to shake off the imminent anxiety that had taken hold of her ever since she got there.

Sirius was at the other corner of the room, stealing glances in her direction with a gaze Mia couldn't quite understand.

Was it guilt?

Was it because he missed her?

Was he disappointed?

So many possibilities, and yet, none seemed to be strong enough to give him the guts to actually talk to her.

After what felt like forever, Mia decided she couldn't stand it anymore. She sneaked out of the kitchen while her friends chatted between themselves and quietly went back to her room.

Mia closed the door behind her and sighed a long, tired sigh before throwing herself in bed.

She looked up to the ceiling, her mind circling around the same thoughts over and over again.

She had thought that her friends being there would help her feel less left out, but it didn't.

It didn't because the problem wasn't the environment itself. It was because Mia had no idea how to fit into an environment like this.

With so many people, so much talking, and so much warmness. All that wasn't, well... For her. It was overwhelming and, in a way, a bitter reminder that maybe if things had been different fifteen years ago, this could be hers.

Because now, now Mia had no bloody idea where the hell she was supposed to fit.

If she wasn't a supremacist and her mother sent her away, then she wouldn't fit with the other purebloods. However, no one there seemed to see her as something other than a plague or an invader.

She wasn't bad, but she also wasn't good. So what the hell was she?

Where, in all this mess, did she fit?

It wasn't with her mum or her dad, so with whom? Jamie and Archie already had too much on their plates to deal with her right now, so Mia couldn't bear the thought of having to depend on them again. She had caused nothing more than trouble for both. Specially Jamie.

A humourless laugh escaped her lips while her eyes still gazed at the ceiling.

She had spent her entire life wanting more than everything to be free, but now that she was, she had no idea what to do with that. Mia looked at the situation from every angle, and the only thing she could see, was how lost and alone she was.

Jamie and Archie were her best friends, but there was just so much they could do for her. They didn't have to help her through this when they already had their own issues, and they didn't have to be always looking out for her. It wasn't fair to them.

Truthfully, the most painful thing was that the person who should be looking out for her wasn't interested in doing so.

No, he was interested in looking out for The-boy-who-lived.

A godson who was and always had been a kid much better than her, apparently.

While Mia had searched her whole life for something that could prove she wasn't meant to be evil, once she found it, it just made her feel as if she would never be enough for that. There was no way she could compete with the people there.