ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ

NOTE: Hi people!

How are you guys doing? I'm sorry for taking so long. I had some personal issues last month, and unfortunatelly, my mum passed away.

It has been very difficult to stay motivated after that, but I don't want to give up my story, especially because she really wanted me to finish it.

Anyways, I apologize again for not updating sooner. I'm not very pleased by this chapter, but I truly hope you like it.

Enjoy~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

The road to Surrey was, fortunately, uneventful. Mia was taking all necessary precautions to avoid her stepfather and arrived in Little Whinging a few hours after she spotted Kristoff wandering near where she was staying.

Eventually, when she arrived, Mia convinced a foster home to let her stay for a few days while she figured out what to do.

Euphemia knew she was supposed to go to Hogwarts. Kristoff had transferred her before she even left that graveyard. Yet, Mia wasn't sure if she would actually return there.

Sure, being there with Jamie and Archie was better than being in Durmstrang alone, but being at the castle and away from Bulgaria would also make it easier for the people she ran away from to find her. Not going there, on the other hand, would most likely seal the deal, and Mia would never see her friends again.

In her opinion, both of her options sucked.

Little Whinging was such a boring place that the girl regretted going there right when she stepped into Privet Drive. The houses around there seemed to be the exact copy of each other and screamed boredom. Mia hated being there but thought the place was perfect for her to hide.

It was boring and terrible enough to be the last place Kristoff would try to look for her.

The days went on long and torturously dull. It was hot, and random children screamed in every corner.

Mia did her best to stay out of sight but hated being stuck indoors, so she would always go for a walk around the muggle neighbourhood.

One night, when Mia was walking home after another day between books and talks with the librarian, she felt the urge to take the play park way when heading home.

Euphemia didn't exactly know why or how to explain it. Something inside her told her she should go there. The feeling of having to do something was recurring and had been increasing in the past few days.

It was almost like an itch she still hadn't figured out how to scratch.

The night was starry like every other summer night she had witnessed since she ventured into the muggle world. It was warm, damp, and pleasant. The cars sounded from afar, and television and radio buzzed inside some houses she passed through. They felt like family dinners and get together, fun, and laziness. Something she had never personally experienced but something she would love to do with her friends.

The streets, however, were silent. So quiet; nothing but her light footsteps could be heard. That, at least, until she reached a further part of Magnolia Crescent Street.

Mia stopped in her tracks upon hearing voices a few steps in front of where she was. One sounding terrified, and the other utterly pissed.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" one of the two boys yelled, his voice sounding angry and way too familiar to her.

"GET THAT THING AWAY FROM--"

At this point, Mia had already reached them. She had recognised the voice but still couldn't put a face to the sound.