ʀᴇᴅᴇᴍᴘᴛɪᴏɴ

NOTE: Hi people!

It took me long, right? A huge sorry, I've been crazy with college these last two months.

I didn't have much time to proofread it, so I apologise beforehand. I'll try to post more often. Thanks for all the love regarding the story.

I'm not sure I love this chapter, but I hope you like it. Please, let me know your thoughts about it!

Enjoy~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Safe to say, Mia had made some dumb choices in her life before, but nothing compared to walking away after the last task of the Triwizard Tournament. As soon as she'd put her feet back in the house only to be greeted by a punch that left her unable to open her eye for at least two days, Euphemia was sure she had gotten herself in trouble. And a hell of a big one.

Thankfully, there were no regrets on her part. Mia knew what she had done and why she had done it. She was at peace with herself for having chosen who she was fighting for and finally not being afraid to say no anymore. Still, she might not be scared to say no anymore, but nothing could convince her she would ever just not be terrified of that house.

The days after the task passed the same. Torture, torture, imprisonment. That was Mia's new routine. Kristoff seemed to have taken the nice punch the girl had thrown at him personally, and now, not only did he want more than anything to make her pay, but he wanted to see her give in. To have a taste of seeing her bow down to him.

Tough luck for him; giving in was something Mia didn't know how to do.

He tried and tried with everything he had to get her to say she was sorry and beg him to stop, but she wouldn't. Firstly, she didn't regret what she had done, and secondly, she would rather die than feed the ego of a man like him.

"Come on, you bastard. Just one apology, and I, like the caring father I am, will stop," he teased, pulling Mia by the hair. "All you need to do is say that you are sorry and gently ask me to stop."

Mia gave the man an icy smile.

"I'd rather die," she retorted.

"And you're not my father."

Kristoff hit another hard slap across the girl's face.

"Say you are sorry," he hissed. "I'm ordering you."

"No."

Another punch.

"Now."

Mia stared him deeply in the eyes.

"No."

He raised his hand to strike him again.

"Kristoff, that's enough," a loud voice rang out near them. "You are not supposed to touch her."

Mia stared at the door and saw a familiar brunette figure standing in the doorway.

"How dare you interrupt me," started Kristoff, but the woman held up her hand to him.

"I'm merely reminding you what the Dark Lord expects you to do," Iris clarified. "And unless you want to explain to him why his precious living weapon can barely walk, I suggest you listen to me."

The man made a mention of arguing but gave up. He cast one last angry glance at Mia and pulled her up with great strength.

"Out of here," he ordered. "Now."

Mia dragged herself out of the room with her head held high and as expressionless as she usually was. Kristoff strolled towards the exit, but instead of walking out, he merely closed the door behind Iris.