ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏᴇɴɪx

NOTE: Hi people!

How are you guys doing? I'm sorry for taking so long.

I'm having a hard time writing, due to my lack of inspiration, haha.

Also, I want to thank you all for your comments. I absolutely love reading them!

Anyways, I WILL TRY to write more, so don't give up on me just yet. Please.

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually pleased by this chapter, and I hope you like it :).

Enjoy~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Mia didn't come down for dinner that night. Jamie wanted to talk to her, but Archie convinced him she needed time to take in everything that had happened. The girl hadn't said anything, but it was noticeable that meeting Sirius without being prepared to face him had taken a toll on her.

The two boys went to the kitchen for dinner and settled in the same place as always, next to Regulus at the table and facing Davina. Illy was spending a few days at her grandparent's house before moving in permanently, but under normal circumstances, she would be sitting next to her mum and facing them too.

Jamie tried not to be mad, but couldn't help it when he saw Black with his brother. He was aware that Sirius and Harry had a special bond, and that he was his godfather, but Mia should be the one getting the attention. Not him. There was no reason for him to receive all of the answers to his questions, ideas shared, from Sirius. Those were things owed to her, not some privileged child who already had the world at his fingertips.

"You're practically murdering your brother with that look," Regulus commented lightly. "Even more than usual, if I may say. Did something happen?"

Jamie sighed and took another bite of his food.

"He's not the one who was supposed to be there," Jamie replied, "It's not fair."

Regulus took a deep breath and slowly agreed.

"It's not," the man agreed. "To people like my brother, it's always about what's right for them, never about what's right."

The boy agreed and massaged his eyes, becoming angry upon hearing Harry's voice.

"I know..." muttered Jamie. "Still pisses me off, though."

Dinner proceeded at the same pace, and when everyone was too busy talking, laughing, and interacting, a figure sneaked into the kitchen and sat down where Illy would usually sit.

"I didn't think you'd come down," Archie commented warmly.

"I'm hungry," Mia replied in a flat voice.

Regulus held out a plate to her and smiled kindly at the girl. Euphemia got up to get some food but stopped midway as she realized the adults' eyes were fixed on her, even if amid conversation.

"Jesus," whispered the girl, sitting down again. "This is worse than the pureblood parties I had to attend."

Davina cast an empathetic glance at the girl and stroked her arm gently.

"Don't mind them," she said softly. "They're all prejudiced arseholes."

Mia smiled slightly at the woman's comment and agreed.

Regulus pushed his chair away and stood up, taking the plate from the girl. He walked over to the pots and served the food, completely ignoring the stares at him. The man returned to his seat and handed the food to Mia, giving her a wink.

"Don't be intimidated," he advised gently. "The stares are hard, but give it time, and you learn to cope."

"You haven't done anything wrong. Don't let these idiots make you believe you did."