ᴅᴇᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴅᴏʟᴏʀᴇꜱ

NOTE: Hey guys!

I was so inspired these days haha. Here's another chapter!

Enjoy~~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Mia had just stepped out of the hospital wing with her friends when a familiar figure appeared, walking in the opposite direction in hurried and visibly irritated steps.

"Ms Graham," scolded Professor McGonagall. "In my office."

"Now."

Mia stared at the woman, utterly indifferent to her tone and sighed, turning back to her friends.

"I'll meet you later," she said, and they agreed.

The girl turned her eyes to the teacher and arched an eyebrow, gesturing for her to show her the way.

The walk to the women's classroom was silent, but Mia could sense that a fine lecture was about to come as soon as she reached the room. However, for the first time, after years of constant anxiety and dread of any confrontation, Mia felt nothing but calm.

The point was that after everything that had happened, the heavy and suffocating feeling of obligation had vanished. Mia no longer felt like she needed to justify herself or listen to anyone who demanded things from her with the sole excuse of being related to her.

Nobody but Jamie, Archie and Illy cared about her, so why should she care about anyone but them?

Adhara had been abandoned, Euphemia rejected, and Mia, well, Mia explained herself to the people who deserved it.

And in their own way, her friends had already made it clear how brilliantly stupid she had been to pick a fight with a teacher.

Talking too much and asking too much had always been a problem. The only thing that changed was that Mia no longer apologised for it. After everything that happened, she swore she would never let anyone tone her down only because they couldn't deal with her.

The two entered the teacher's room, and the woman gestured for the girl to sit.

"The note," she said, and Mia rummaged through her bag for the hideous pink parchment.

As soon as the teacher had read the note, she sighed and turned to Mia with curiosity, almost as if she didn't know what to make of the girl.

"So," said Mia, folding her hands in her lap and leaning back in her chair. "You called me here to admire my beauty?"

The teacher, however, did not avert her eyes from her.

"Why didn't you come to see me after the professor told you to?" asked Professor McGonagall severely. "When a teacher..."

"Because I didn't want to see you, and I didn't think we had anything to discuss," Mia interrupted. "Anything else?"

Professor McGonagall pursed her lips tightly before letting out a long sigh.

"Well?" said Professor McGonagall. "Is that true?"

"What?" Mia asked, studying the ends of her hair instead of looking at the teacher.

"Is it true that you insulted Professor Umbridge and the Ministry?"

"Depends on what you consider insulting," Mia shrugged.

"Did you question Professor Umbridge in front of the class?"

"I asked questions. If Professor Umbridge felt attacked, it's not my fault."

"You accused the Ministry of being unreliable?"

"Isn't that the truth?"

Professor McGonagall took her glasses and massaged her eyes before putting them on again with a nod.