ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴇᴡ ꜱᴏɴɢ

NOTE: Hey guys!

New chapter is up. I'm not sure you how you guys will feel about this one haha. I think some things might take an interesting turn, so let me know your thoughts on it, please!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

Mia and her friends boarded the train, and the girl had the slight impression that Harry and his friends kept their eyes locked on her and the others.

"Five galleons; my parents asked him to keep an eye on us," said Jamie, his mood slightly better for being away from his parents and Grimmauld Place.

"Ten, he's going to try and sit with you both at dinner," Archie argued, and they all giggled slightly.

"Well, fifteen that he's just feeling abandoned since his little friends are the new tots who'll be on our tail all year," said Illy lightly and they all laughed.

Whether she was a lot or not, Jamie and Mia knew that Archie would never admit it, but she had clicked perfectly with the group.

So much so that no one remembered a certain blonde figure who had betrayed their trust and broken the heart of one of them at the beginning of the year.

Mia stopped suddenly, causing Jamie to bump into her, and looked over her shoulder at her friends with a mischievous smile.

"Well, twenty, it's all that plus the fact that he thinks I'm astonishingly beautiful," she joked, and Archie chuckled.

"Somethings about you just don't change, do they?" he said. Mia shrugged and started walking again.

"What a loss it would be for society if that happened," she retorted, stopping in front of a cabin and opening the door.

"Hello, hello," she said, and the blonde figure inside laughed.

"So it is true," said Adrian, getting up and giving the girl a tight hug. "You made it to Hogwarts."

The girl returned the gesture and sat on the bench opposite the Slytherin.

"Aren't you going to put your trunk in the luggage compartment?" asked Archie, and Mia could see the glint of mischief in his eye.

"Cute of you to assume that I can reach the compartment," she said, and everyone laughed.

"You're hopeless," Archie muttered with a laugh, settling the girl's belongings next to his.

Mia laughed quietly, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"I can't argue with that," she said.

"Look on the bright side," said Illy, trying to ease the slight tension that had settled in. "Your hair looks nice, and you're well dressed."

"Imagine being lost and ugly or unfashionable?"

Mia couldn't help the laugh that reminded everyone of a bark pass through her lips, and soon, the air was as light as before.

"So," began Adrian, arching an eyebrow at Illy. "Do you mind?"

Illy gave a mischievous smile.

"Iliya Ariev," she said, holding her hand out to him. "Also known as the love of your life."

"For Merlin's sake," Archie muttered, slightly annoyed. "How can you be so sappy?"

Mia and Jamie held back their laughter, but Adrian didn't. The blond just giggled and accepted the girl's compliment.

"A charming one. Lovely," Adrian said, arching his eyebrow as he always did and with a smug, mischievous smile. "But I regret to inform you that I'm taken."