Chapter 6 | Hooty's Moving Hassle - Part 1

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈Monster House Reincarnated

◈S1:E6◈

Published: ~November 26th, 2022~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

Eda held purple and gold cards in her hand. She flipped them around with her hands and started to do magician-like acts. She opened the cards in a single row, letting them open their eyes and gaze upward at the Owl Lady. Speaking of, the woman had a smirk plastered on her face, which grew even more. 

The camera pans to Owlbert, who grimaces with his own cards under his wings. He squints his eyes and hoots in annoyance. The scene changes to you, Eda, and Luz sitting on the couch with King on the armrest. Zena sat on your lap as well.

"Watch closely, guys." Eda started with her legs crossed. "Hexes Hold 'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."

"Oh, boy. Cards!" Luz said in joy. "The paper rectangles that old people think are fun."

You snicker at the brunette's comment and watch the game in front of you. Eda places a card down, making the table form yellow electricity. Owlbert flies off the table in a hurry to not get fried. The cards come to life and roared at the opposing cards. They begin to try to advance against the cards but end up backing up.

"Now, when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break the wild card." 

Eda pulls out a red and black card that acquires a green glow. The card manages to burn all of Owlbert's cards. Therefore, the fire burns bright and reshapes into a message, which said, "WINNER: EDA". After the fire fades away, Owlbert gets on the table with an irritated face once again.

"Whoo! I win! In your adorable owl face." Eda bragged as she pointed at Owlbert. "I love the feeling of victory. It feels...fluffy?"

"Uh, Eda, it's happening again!" Luz warned.

"I'll go get the elixir!" You told, gently getting Zena off of your lap and rushing up the stairs.

"What's happening again?" Eda asked.

"Your curse is returning!" King pointed.

Eda looks down to see spikey, black feathers protruding from her pale arm. The feathers went up to her shoulder where they appeared to be stubby. The witch yelps in alarm at the discovery and becomes heavily unnerved.

"Guys, look at this!"

You lifted a dark green chest into the living room and dropped it down. The rest gather around you to see you open the chest. It had empty bottles and cobwebs inside, causing Eda to start to panic.