Chapter 8

August 21st, 1956

IT WAS CLOSE TO 2 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING WHEN ELVIS AWOKE TO KNOCKING ON HIS HOTEL ROOM DOOR.

He had rolled over onto his side only thirty minutes ago to try a go to sleep. He had to be up early to record the songs for his upcoming movie, Love me Tender.

  He grumbled to himself, slowly standing up and making his way over to the door. He opened it, his eyes widened slightly.

There, right in front of him, stood the girl he'd been hoping to see agin since he'd first seen her.

Juliet.

She looked as beautiful as the first time he'd seen her, maybe even prettier. Her brown hair was curly and fell to her shoulders, an ugly, feathery hat atop her head. A baby blue dress clad her body, making her dark hair stand out more.

  He took her looks in as she continued to stand outside his hotel room.

  "May I come in?" She finally questioned, her soft voice music to his ears. She had a small bag clutched in her delicate looking hands, a sheepish look on her face.

  "Please do."

  A small smile made its way onto her face and she walked into the hotel room, subtly surveying it. Elvis took her bag from her while she was looking around, placing it onto one of the closest tables.

  "I'm terribly sorry to come here so late," she said, dropping onto the sofa with a sigh. She was happy to finally be able to sit down and relax for a moment.

  "Oh, that's alright," said Elvis, holding back a yawn and sitting next to the brunette beauty. "If I'm bein' honest, I didn't think you'd actually show up. Ya know, with your strict parents and all."

"I'm surprised I got here myself," laughed Juliet, throwing her head back slightly. "They were a little distracted with my sister's wedding, so I was able to sneak away."

  "I didn't know you had a rebellious streak in ya," laughed Elvis, a small smirk on his face. He liked the fact that she had a feisty side to her.

  "Well, you must not know me well enough, Mr Presley," said Juliet, smiling slightly at her boldness.

  "How 'bout I get to know you, then," said Elvis in a low voice. They shared eye contact for a long moment before Juliet broke it, clearing her throat.

  "What are the sleeping arrangements?" She asked, the exhaustion from the day hitting her suddenly.

  Elvis continued to stare at her even though she wasn't staring back. He took note of the light freckles speckling her slightly upturned nose and pink cheeks.

  "Elvis?"

  He focused back into the conversation with a blink of his eyes, clearing his throat just as she had done only a moment ago. "What'd you say, darlin'?"

  "What are the sleeping arrangements?" She repeated, an amused smile on her face.

  "You're gonna sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the sofa," responded Elvis immediately.

  "Are you sure?" She questioned, feeling a little uneasy about sleeping on the— hopefully —comfy bed while Elvis slept on the sofa. It was still his hotel room.

  "Of course, darlin'," said Elvis, shooting her a dazzling smile. "Why, I wouldn't let a girl like you sleep on a sofa. My mama didn't raise me to do that."

  Juliet smiled at how kind Elvis was and stood up, politely excusing herself. She grabbed a floral, lilac-colored nightgown from her bag and entered the bathroom to change.

  She exited the bathroom to Elvis already getting comfortable on the sofa. Most of the lights had been turned off already besides one on the bedside table.

  She crawled under the covers, softly saying, "Goodnight, Elvis." She heard a faint 'goodnight' back before she reached over and turned off the bedside light.

  Juliet tossed and turned a few times before finally getting comfortable. She finally fell asleep clutching a pillow that smelled of Elvis.

______________________

"Good morning, Elvis," greeted Juliet as soon as Elvis had woken up. She was already dressed and ready for the day; a brown polka dot dress with a convertible collar and a belt around her waist was her outfit of choice.

"Good mornin'," said Elvis, his voice still slightly hoarse with sleep. "How long have you been awake?"

"Oh, only thirty minutes or so," answered Juliet, a wide smile on her face. She was extremely excited go and see California in the daytime.

  "Give me a minute to change and then we can go walk around Rodeo Drive, alright, darlin'?" Elvis said, standing up from the sofa, stretching.

Juliet nodded, struggling to contain her excitement. She was going to be walking around Rodeo Drive with Elvis Presley.

If she told her fourteen-year-old self that, she'd be shocked.

She sat down onto a chair to put on her black slingback pumps while Elvis got dressed.

He walked out of the bathroom wearing a white collared shirt, the first two buttons unbuttoned. Which was paired with high-waisted, pleated black trousers. He began putting on some black penny loafers, Juliet watching his every move.

"Well, don't you look spiffy." Juliet decided to comment, standing up from her seat with a playful look on her face.

He did look mighty hot.

Elvis looked up at her through his eyebrows, still slipping on his penny loafers, a slight smirk making its way onto his face as he looked her up and down. "You don't look so bad yourself," he teased. She rolled her eyes playfully, a laugh escaping her pretty pink lips.

  "You ready, darlin'?" questioned Elvis, standing upright.

  "One second," rushed out Juliet, remembering something. She rushed over to her bag and found it within moments.

  Her camera.

  She rushed over to Elvis, who had his arm outstretched for her to take. She linked her arm with his, grinning up at him. "Now, I'm ready," she said, holding the heavy camera in her hands.

  "Rodeo Drive, here we come."

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

{Hello lovelys! I'm terribly sorry this chapter is so late. I haven't been feeling well for the past few days, plus I've been hitting some writers block regarding how this chapter should go and when it should be cutoff for the next chapter. I do hope you've enjoyed this chapter!

Love you all very much,
Sunny <3}