Chapter 9

August 24th, 1956

HER THREE DAYS WITH ELVIS WERE OVER BEFORE SHE COULD EVEN BLINK. THE TIME SHE SPENT WITH ELVIS ONLY MADE HER LIKE HIM MORE.

He was so polite and funny, everything she looked for in a man. Whenever Elvis wasn't busy doing things for his movie, they'd walk around Rodeo Drive, or just sit in the hotel room, talking and laughing, growing much closer to each other with the passing days.

  The two now stood in a secluded part of the Los Angeles airport, wanting privacy.

Juliet didn't know what to say. She didn't think she could say anything without bursting into tears; which was ridiculous because she hadn't known Elvis very long.

Like she'd told her sister, she loved him.

"The days I've spent with you have been the best days I've ever had." Juliet told Elvis, a small smile making its way onto her face at the memories she'd made.

  A happy feeling settled at the bottom of his stomach. "I'm glad," he said, shooting her a smirk. "Hope it was worthwhile and everything."

"Of course it was," smiled Juliet, a genuine smile, one that she almost never had on her face when she was home.

Elvis made her so much more happier.

"I'll be missin' your company while I finish filming my movie." He told her, making her heart speed up.

With a blush forming on her cheeks, she said, "I'll miss your company too, E."

Having a mini debate with herself, she wrapped her arms around Elvis's midsection. She was about to pull away when he squeezed her, picking her up and swinging her around.

"Elvis!" She laughed loudly with an unladylike squeal escaping her mouth. He plopped her back down onto the ground, a goofy grin on her face.

"Bye, darlin'," he breathed, looking a little...sad.

"Bye, E."

They stared at each other for a moment, trying to memorize each other's faces. Elvis stared deeply at Juliet's face, committing every freckle, every eyelash, to memory. Juliet did the same, her eyes taking in every feature sculpting his beautiful face.

"Until next time," murmured Juliet, turning and walking deeper into the airport, and even farther away from the one thing her heart truly desired.

______________________

  Juliet stood outside her house, anxiety coursing through her veins.

She knew her parents were going to be extremely mad at her for sneaking away to California without their permission, possible even angrier than mad. Enraged.

If she was being honest, she was scared to go inside. Who wouldn't be?

Taking a deep breath, she placed a shaky hand onto the door on and turned it slowly. Mentally, she was preparing herself for the shouting she was about to endure.

She walked into a very quiet house, which unsettled her only slightly. She turned around to close the door.

"WHAT DID I SAY 'BOUT GOIN' TO CALIFORNIA TO SEE THAT DAMN PRESLEY BOY?!"