Chapter 19

March 19th, 1957

"YOU SHOULD BUY IT, E."

Elvis was currently cruising down the streets toward Juliet's house. He wasn't driving particularly fast. He wanted to spend as much time with her as he possible could.

  Earlier that day, Elvis, Juliet, and his parents had looked at a couple of properties. He wanted a more private home for him and his parents. Audubon had too many fans coming to it now that he was famous. The last property they'd looked at seemed the most private, in Juliet's opinion.

  "It was nice, wasn't it?" He hummed, thinking back at the houses they'd looked at. "Graceland...it does have a nice ring to it."

  "It does indeed," agreed Juliet, grinning. "It was so spacious and big! I would spend everyday there, if I could."

  "Would you really?" questioned Elvis, a smirk playing on the corners of his lips. Well, now he just had to buy Graceland. If it meant seeing Juliet everyday...he would do anything.

As her Mimi and Papa's house came into view, she sighed. "I don't want to leave you yet," she murmured, preparing herself as they inched closer to her house.

A squeak escaped past her lips when the car suddenly turned around and sped away from the house.

Her head snapped over to Elvis, "What are you doing?" This man was crazy. She fought back a smile that threatened to appear on her face. She supposed that's what she liked about him.

  "You said you didn't want to leave me yet," said Elvis, shrugging. He shot her a smirk, and a grin appeared on her face.

"Elvis, I have to go to school tomorrow," she told him, not really caring.

Ever since she'd moved to Memphis, between skipping school with her new friends and hanging out with Elvis until late into the night, her attendance and grades had dropped rapidly. If her mother and father could see her atrocious grades, they'd ground her for life.

She should've been grateful towards them for sending her to live with her Mimi and Papa. Because of them, she was dating the only boy in her life whom she'd actually loved. At least they were good for one thing.

  Elvis suddenly pulled to a stop under a tree by a lake, the moonlight reflected off the water creating a glow. Silently he got out and walked over to where Juliet sat, opening the door for her.

"M'lady," he said, shooting her a charming grin. She instantly felt weak in the knees, gently taking his outstretched hand. He pulled her out of the car and to his chest.

They began swaying, her sky blue dress fluttering below her knees as a breeze blew past them.

"Elvis," she began quietly, a smile on her face as she took the chance to memorize his beautiful features. "What are we doing?"

"We're dancin'," he replied in the same octave that she had used.

"Don't we need music to dance?" Juliet questioned teasingly. He rolled his eyes halfheartedly, removing his hand from hers and making his way to the driver's side of the car.

Once his touch was gone, she instantly felt ten times colder.

Elvis returned a moment later, grabbing her hand gently, a soft smile on his lips. The tune of Earth Angel (Will You be Mine) by the Penguins played around them as they began dancing again.