Chapter 6

NAJA’S POV

Waking up bright and early, I carefully lifted sunflower off my face and placed him next to Koko. I seriously need to get them to a vet or something, but I’ve got work today so that’ll be a problem, unless………. Taking out my phone, I dial one of the people I keep in contact with.  

*Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep be-* “Hello?”. “Hey Tanjiro. It’s me, Naja”. “Good morning Naja. What can I do for you?”. “I was wondering, if you could take my cats to the vet today?”. “Sure! I’ve got no work so I’ll pick them up at 7. How does that sound?”. “Great thanks!”. Pressing the disconnect button, I head to the bathroom and take a quick shower before speeding through my morning routine. I put on a professional suit with pants, jacket and yada yada yada, before making breakfast. I made a quick bowl of rice and curry and gulped it down while checking the time. 6:45. Tanjiro’s gonna be here soon. Getting the still sleeping cats, I place them all in a large cage before placing some food and water inside.

*Ding dong!*

Hearing the bell, I open the door without checking and come face to face with Tanjiro. A man with a kind smile and burgundy hair. Hanafuda earrings swinging from the light wind, he waves at me in greeting before coming in. “Hey Naja! Already dressed for work I see. You should really take at least a week off. You already work too much”, he scolded before making his way to the coffee machine. Bitch, does he own this place or what? Meh, he’s like a brother to me anyways. “I don’t work enough, and who else is gonna pay the bills. By the way, here are the cats, I gesture to the large cage where the cats were still sleeping. “Sure I’ll take them to the nearby vet- is that a tiger!?”, he yelped while hopping into the countertop as Bluebell gave a large yawn, showing a mouth full of sharp teeth. For a tiger cub, he looked like an adult. With an attitude to match as well. “Yup. Have fun!”. I grab my briefcase and walk at a fast pace towards my car. “Hey! Naja! Come back!”. Not listening to his pleas, I sit in my car and drive away. “Fufufu. That was fun!”.

1 HOUR LATER

TANJIRO’S POV

I looked at the cage in worry as I contemplated on how to carry it. It was too heavy to drag and pull, so I guess I’ll have to carry them. Lifting the cage, I groaned from the weight as I wondered what Naja fed them.  Naja……….. my sweet, beautiful Naja. Even though she thinks of me as a brotherly figure……… I’ll always be in love with her and fulfil her every wish…….. Placing the cats in my trunk, I close it and sit in the front. Starting the engine, I drive to the nearest Vet clinic which was owned by my Sister Nezuko.

*Ding!*.

Walking into the shop with the large cage in hand, I head towards my sisters office and walk straight in. “Hey Nezuko!”. “Tanjiro! How many times have I told you to knock first? I could’ve been with a customer”. “Sorry”, I mumble as I set the cage down on her examination table. “GRRRR!”. I jump back as the tiger growled at me, eyes open and gleaming as the other cats glared at me with the intensity of a thousand suns. “Tanjiro. I thought you didn’t like keeping animals”. “They’re not mine. I’m doing a favour for a friend”, I answer, not telling her the whole truth since I don’t want anyone finding out about Naja. “Oh okay! Well, let’s get to the examination part”.

2 HOURS LATER

“Well that’s all done. All are clean, healthy and are now vaccinated. See you soon Tanjiro!”. “Bye!”. I carry the cage, gulping at the intense stares each cat gives me. Why do they look like they want to kill me?

CAT’S 3RD POV

“I want to kill him”, stated Kazuhiro while glaring at the burgundy haired man. “Maybe we can claw his eyes out?”. “How about we just leave him alone for now? I’m more worried about where Naja is”, Draken muttered while squinting at the human boy. “I don’t see what the big deal is! Let’s just get out of here while we have a chance!”, shouted Taiju before Koko calmed him down. “No boss. We ain’t leaving. We don’t even know where we are! We’re also cats no less! How are we going to survive!”. We quieted down as the man put us down in the back passenger seats before getting in himself. He turned on the engine and drove away from the vets, before his phone started ringing.

“Hello?”. “Hey Tanjiro. Did you take them to the vet?”. The cats all froze as they now had the man’s name, and also heard their temporary owners voice. “Yup. All checked and vaccinated. I’ll take them back to your house okay?”. “Alright! I’ll meet you there since I got off of work early”. “Mhm! See you!”. ………….. “See ? Nothing to worry about!”.