Chapter 20

NAJA’S POV

After cooling down I headed downstairs to make breakfast but once again I was taken aback by someone else cooking. This time it was the heterochronomic eyes male named Kakucho.

He wore an apron and was working away as I decided to not disturb him. As I creeped away, I was caught by Kakucho. “Hm? You’re already up Naja?”. “Yeah. I do have work after all and I want to come back earlier”.

“Okay sit down then. Foods almost ready anyways”. Sitting at the table, I thanked Kakucho for the food before he brought me a plate stacked with pancakes. They looked positively delicious and I almost let out a groan at how they tasted.

“Are they good?”. “Mhm! Best I’ve ever had!”, i beamed as I continued to eat. We made some small talk and we’re quite surprised when we found out we liked the same author.

“She is a truly inspiring writer. The way she expresses herself through her work is really a talent”. “I know. She wrote a lot of books but my favourite has to be ‘throne of glass’ as the emotional depth it holds is unparalleled”.

“I have to agree with you on that”. After finishing the breakfast we took our dirty dishes to the sink and started to clean them just as Draken walked in. “Good morning”.

“Morning. Still acting like Mikey’s mom I see”. “Someone has to wake this little shit up. I already feel sorry for his future wife. Get up already!”. “Dorayaki… *mumble mumble mumble*…”.

“*snort* I doubt any stranger could tolerate him for a day much less a whole lifetime with Manjiro. The chances of him even getting a girlfriend is zero”.

“Hah!? As if you’re any better, your highnass”, sneered Sanzu as the masked blonde stormed into the kitchen with Mitsuya trailing behind him.

“Watch your mouth Sanzu, before I make you regret it”, monotones Kakucho as he turned away from me and stared into Sanzu’s soul. I felt someone’s eyes burning a hole through my head and I was pretty sure it was Mitsuya so I went back to furiously scrubbing the dishes.

Pretty sure my ears were on fire but I didn’t really want to face him after the embarrassing moment we had. Kakucho sent me a concerned look but went back to sorting it out with Sanzu.

“Hah! You, make me regret something!? You can’t do anything without that king of yours!”. “Alright, enough already!”, I shout as I drop the dish into the sink and turn around to face them with a scowl.

“You guys already broke stuff of mine and I don’t see you having a job to repay me back for them. So stop fighting and start eating”.

They stopped almost immediately as they returned to doing what they had been. Sanzu to stabbing his pancakes and Kakucho to drying the dishes I had washed.

Draken was just trying to wake up Mikey and paid no attention to their banter. Grabbing a glass of ice cold water I poured it on Mikey’s head and got the expected result.

“COLD! Why the hell did you do that!?”. “Good morning and your welcome”, I said to the two before turning away, washing the glass and heading for the exit. “I need to get ready to leave so I’ll leave you guys to eat”.

Before going to the car I decided to check up on the cats and my heart almost dropped at the adorable sight. All of them were curled in on each other and sleeping peacefully.

I definitely did not take a picture of it at all. “Hm? Naja?”. Blinking in confusion at the voice I didn’t know where it came from before a ball of fur at my feet but my attention.

It was Hinata and I was more than delighted to lift him up in my hands. Not being able to resist the temptation I started to pet her head gently as I was entranced by the softness of his fur.

HINATA’S POV

I was pretty sure I was blushing fifty shades of red from embarrassment as my face felt as if it was on fire.

Even though I was a cat I was conscious of my embarrassment, what if Naja notices. Purrs left me as I felt the soothing warmth from her fingertips.

She honestly gave the best head pats. I needed this as I was really stressed lately. Ever since I came here as a male cat, Takemichi hasn’t come anywhere near me and that makes me worried.

Does he not love me anymore? It’s not like I asked to be male, but now, I can finally protect him! I’m stronger this way and can fight better.

Maybe I should approach him but… I don’t know if that will make it worse or not. “You’re just so adorable Hinata! I wish I could take you with me!”, gushed Naja as I wanted to hide from this attention.

“Alas, I need to go to work. When I come back I’ll spend time with you though. I promise”. My heart warmed at her kind gesture and agreed happily.

After she put me down, she said goodbye to everyone and drove away. She works way too much, maybe she should take some time off from work to rest, what is the date anyways?

“Hello Hinata”. I turned around to find a familiar cat. “Ah! Good morning Tetta!”. “How have you been? I haven’t seen you in ages!”.

KISAKI’S POV

Looking at Tachibana I desperately tried to find the same feeling I used to have whenever I saw her. But there was nothing.

The moment I saw her at school, the first day she showed me kindness, the same feeling enveloped me. Love. But now, ever since we became cats and her also turning into a male, the felling left me.

I don’t feel anything anymore when I see him. My heart doesn’t jump with joy at the sight of him. There’s… nothing left. And I despise it. What was the point of all my plotting and planning if I just give up now?

No... I’ll have Tachibana Hinata. This is all just a temporary setback. I’ll find out what Naja is hiding. I’m positive it’s her who’s behind all of this.

HANMA’S POV

While most were asleep, I decided to spy a bit on Kisaki. He’s so interesting, nothing ever is boring with him. So when he left the cat bed I followed suit mere seconds later. Seeing him look at Hinata I grinned at him contemplating.

He can’t figure out his own emotions and it quite amusing to watch. I’ve never seen him look so conflicted, this I can say will lead to some interesting events later on. I paused as I inhaled sharply.

It was coming from the kitchen and I had to check it out. There was a use stack of Pancakes on the table and my eyes widened as my mouth watered. It looked absolutely de- “oh no you don’t!”.

“Let me go! I’m hungry!”, I screeched at Draken as he held me by the tail with a smirk. “Hm? But kitty’s aren’t allowed to eat human food. Let’s go take a bath now, shall we?”. Oh no… anything but that.

“Wait, WAIT! We can talk this out Draken. No need to be like this!”, I pleaded. “Drown him”. “Make it look like an accident”. “Castrate him”. Chorused the Toman members from the kitchen. Everyone’s against me here! “Wait! No! I’m sorry! Please don’t cut off my dick!”.