Chapter 26

NAJA'S POV

*CREAK!*

*Thump*

Stumbling drunkenly up the stairs, I was pretty sure I woke everybody up. But no one showed up so I was pretty sure I was in the clear. I just sprawled on the bed and was instantly knocked out by the drunken haze that enveloped me. How am I to face the boss tomorrow?

NAHOYA'S POV

Waking up to what sounded like an earthquake I decided to investigate what was all the commotion. I surprisingly saw Naja drunk and attempting to climb the stairs with little success. Watching her stumble for about five minute I decided to follow her up to make sure she didn't break something.

She flung her shoes to the side and dropped like a rock onto the bed, snoring away after a few minutes. Hopping onto the bed, yours truly began to watch her peaceful face as her body rose with her breaths. Don't get me wrong, knowing it was creepy I still did it as she looked heavenly, as if she was an angel from the heavens.

Being there for the whole night was tempting until Souya also creeped into the room. "Aniki? What are you doing here?". Not hearing an answer from him, he joined me on the bed and began questioning me. "Naja's asleep! We shouldn't be here!", hissed Souya as he tried convincing me to leave. "Shut up. Look at her, she reeks of alcohol and there are patches of red skin. There's also a faint smell of another man".

"And? That has nothing to do with us. We shouldn't barge into her life". "Don't tell me that you aren't a little bit curious? And besides, we haven't been around her much so this is a perfect opportunity".

"Still this is wrong! Are you hearing yourself?". What we didn't expect was Naja turning over and hugging us, pressing her against her chest.

"Well now we're stuck here so shush!". We eventually fell asleep in her grasp to the sound of her heartbeat.

SENJU'S POV

The will to get off the comfy bed was nonexistent when I woke up. Being in a male body took some getting used to, especially when I had a dick. Poor Takeomi almost died when I asked him how to take a piss. I decided asking him how to ejaculate would be too much for him.

After taking a quick shower and putting on fresh clothes my day landed me in the kitchen where everyone was already eating breakfast. "Good morning everyone". "Mornin". "Is Naja gone to work?". "No surprisingly. I think she's still asleep", Kakucho spoke while cutting his omelette.

"Serifly? Int e ah urk?", Baji tried to say through his food as Chifuyu translated for us. "She went somewhere yesterday and came back in the middle of the night". "She came back smelling of another man and reeking of alcohol. No wonder she's out cold", yawned Kokonoi as all attention was on him.

"What did you just say?". "Wait, you guys didn't know?", Koko raised a brow. "I saw her yesterday barely able to walk straight. She's probably gonna be out for-". "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL EARLIER!?! THIS IS WHY I DESPISE YOU TOMIOKA!!".

We all cautiously looked out the doorway to see Naja furiously hobbling down the stairs while trying to put on her shoes. "Why are you always like this!?". "Maybe we should ...". "Lets leave her be", whispered Draken as we all went back to eat.

*BAM!*

"So guys... any plans?".

NAJA'S POV

Can't believe that son of a bitch didn't call me earlier! Damn Tomioka! If I'd known there was another crime scene I would've been there straight away. But now I'm late, by fifteen minutes!

Probably shouldn't have drank that much with Muzan yesterday, my head hurts. Stopping the car, I go under the yellow tape and head over to Tomioka.

"Couldn't have called me earlier? What happened here?". "Hello to you too. More people killed by bonten. They also left black roses again. The victims seem to be from the port mafia... our sources were killed". "How am I not surprised. Where are the newbies?".

"These flowers are so pretty!". "... Giyu, please tell me you didn't bring them with you". "Of course I did, why wouldn't I?", he frowned at me while I just breathed heavily through my nose. We're gonna die soon at this rate. "These are for you Ms Naja!", Douma grinned while handing me a black rose.

Searching for any hints in his eyes, none were found as he just gave me a grin with teeth before hopping away. "He just... destroyed a crime scene", muttered Giyu as I looked at the rose.

Am I just over thinking things? Maybe I should rest for a while, I don't see how I have any connection to this. "They also found a picture next to the roses, look at this". Giyu held up a picture of a bunch of kids.

Three boys and a girl, with the boys's faces scratched out leaving only the girls. Staring back at me, was a picture of a younger me. To most it would seem completely different but I was shown pictures from my childhood.

What concerned me was that I had no idea who the other's could've been. I didn't have friends in my childhood and my brother didn't mention anybody. Did I just forget?

We arrived back at the station and began to gather information for a new file about the incident, with Douma and Akaza getting sent to the archives. Having Giyu to do all the documents, I was left alone at me desk with my head on my arms, staring at the picture.

Maybe Naoto knows something about this picture? About who the people were? He's the only one who could know something. My parents were already dead so they were no help.

Although... I remember them saying once about me getting in an accident. Maybe Mrs Shinobu, our family doctor would know. Last time I saw her was at her wedding to Mrs Tamayo. Although their relationship was unexpected, they were lovesick. Maybe it was cause they were both scientists?

"Hey Tanjiro, do you still have Mrs Shinobu's address?".