Chapter 25

Previously on CATastrophe:

"Good good. I called you here to discuss the incident between you and Giyu. I'm concerned it might cause another accident which wouldn't be good on you record thus I might be forced to fire you".

"So I would like for you to repair your relationship with Giyu as soon as possible in order to prevent such a thing from happening. Understood?". "Yes sir". "That's not the only reason I called you here. *Sigh*. Would you be kind enough to accept my invitation to dinner?".

..

..

..

..

"Say what now?".

.............................................

NAJA'S POV

Standing frozen in shock, I couldn't formulate a single sentence or answer to Muzan's question. Why does he always throw me off guard? My boss manages to leave me speechless every single time. Dinner? With him?! Yes, we did have one date, but having dinner together is a bit too much, no?

"What do you say, Naja? Will you accept?". On one hand, he's my boss. But on the other, the date we had meant something to me. He made me feel special and appreciated, he was also the one who took me on my first ever date...

"I accept your offer". "Wonderful. Then do you mind meeting me in three hours? I would like to prepare dinner first, it wouldn't be polite to let my date cook for herself". "Kibutsuji, I would feel guilty for not helping. So I'll come in two. See you later, Boss".

Strutting out of the room with my bag over my shoulder, I headed to my car and drove off home. My interesting just got way more interesting and I don't know if its for the better or for the worse.

Stopping by the grocery store to pick some stuff up, I got home and restocked the fridge before putting down my stuff. "Hey Naja! How was work?", called Chifuyu from somewhere in the house.

"It went okay! Shinichiro, was everything fine while I was gone?", I questioned the black haired cat who was flicking through as motorcycle magazine. "Yup. Everything was quiet. Although Mikey and Izana had a few spats, they were quickly stopped".

"Good good. I'll be gone for the evening so I will make dinner for you guys right now". "Huh? But we haven't been alone with you in forever!", whined Mikey as he clung to me like a koala. "There's nothing I can do Mikey. I promise I'll spend time with you Mikey, but not today. Now how about you hang out with Shinichiro for now while I make dinner?". "Okay!".

He skipped away with a beam as he grabbed Shinichiro in a hug. "Ow! Let go Mikey!". "You're so fluffy though!". "Takeomi! Wakasa! Help me!". Sighing at their childishness, I make my way back to the kitchen to start dinner.

Taking out multiple pieces of fish as well as a kilo of potatoes and onions. I start my work on some seafood chowder. Chopping up the onions and potatoes, I cut the onions as small as possible and keep the potatoes as they were, they'll be made into mashed potatoes later on.

"Let me help you Naja". "Thanks Kaku, you're too sweet". "W-what did you call me?". "Kaku. It's my nickname for you. Do you like it?". "Y-yeah thanks", he blushed under my gaze before turning away. "Start cleaning the fish before cutting it up into small chunks". "Yes ma'am".

We worked in perfect harmony for the next hour with the fish and onions being fried in a sauce, the potatoes boiling in a pot beside them. Letting Kakucho finish watching them, I went upstairs to shower and get changed.

I put my hair into a bun with a simple pair of stud earrings and a long black dress with short sleeves. Putting on some blush and eyeliner, I felt ready for the evening and went to get my bag as it was time to leave. "Where are you going all dressed up doll?", smirked Hanma as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hanma, kindly fuck off. I've got plans for the evening so don't ruin them please". "Doll, you wound me. Won't you stay for dinner at least?", he questioned while resting his chin on my head. "Sadly I have to go now. Be a good boy and don't get into trouble". "Yes mommy".

Cringing in distaste I descended the stairs and put my coat on. "Kakucho! Look after everything for me will ya!". "Sure Naja. Have fun". Locking the door behind myself was quick before I got into the car and drove off. Muzan's house is about a twenty minute ride from here so I will be there in time.

Knocking on the door, I waited patiently outside as I heard incoming footsteps.

*click*

"Hello Naja, you're earlier than I expected", chuckled Muzan as he let me inside. As he helped me take off my coat I observed his formal attire.

His hair was slick and straight and dressed in a white shirt, black waistcoat and tight black pants

His hair was slick and straight and dressed in a white shirt, black waistcoat and tight black pants. "Dinner is almost ready. Let's go shall we?". He led me to the kitchen which was adjacent to the dining room. "Mind if I help?".

"Hm? Oh no there's'- I'll help with the salad then", I interrupted him as I took up the knife to finish cutting the half done carrot. "I-if that's what you want". We finished in the next ten minutes and sat across from each other at the dining table.

There was a roast ham with veg, soup and some brownies for dessert. "This all looks so good", I mumbled as I stared at the food in awe. "Let's eat. Help yourself". Accepting his offer I took a little bit of each before starting to eat.

"This is so good!", I complimented as we both ate. "Thank you. I have been practicing". We ate while idly conversing and put the dirty dishes away after we ate. "Would you care for a dance?", he asked politely while stretching out a hand towards me. "I would". He put on some slow waltzes and we continued to dance the night away.