Chapter 11

NAJA’S POV

Waking up the next day, I did my morning routine and went to make breakfast. For some reason I felt like I was being watched so I closed the curtains and windows. After receiving those pictures yesterday I was paranoid from them and locked all windows, doors and even put curtains over every single window. “Mrrow”. Snapping out of my daze, I look down and saw rooster. “Watchu doing up so early buddy”. Saying nothing he just rubs himself all over my leg and gives me kitty eyes, telling me to pick him up. Setting him down on the table, I let him behind his ears making him purr and continue making myself some omelette. “Hss!!”. Freaking out I took a wooden spoon and pointed it at… Angry and Smiley? I thought it was a snake. The two cats had a stare off with rooster while I turned back around to finish making my omelette. Sometimes the cats acted too human. They showed too much intellect and emotions to be normal cats… but what else could they be if not cats? Aliens? “Pfft-!”. Calming down after receiving a weird look from rooster I continued to give him head pats. Having a smug look he rubbed against my hand. So Kawaii! Finishing the fluffy omelette I added fresh chopped onions with tomatoes and drizzled some ketchup on top. Bringing it to the table I skipped coffee and prepared to eat. Angry draped himself across my shoulders while Smiley lay on my lap, hissing at Rooster who scampered away. Grinning I moaned in ecstasy at the taste of the omelette. Nothing can beat a good fluffy omelette in the morning. “Meow”.

Freezing, I slowly turned to the side and saw all the cats staring at me with big, round eyes. “No. Nu-uh. You’re not getting this”. Dorayaki came I over swishing his tail and rolled onto his back, paws and tail in the air as he looked at me. “No. Nope. Not gonna work”. “Mrrow”, said Voodoo as he, Dragon, Vine and Wednesday came over and put their paws on my legs. Realising Wednesday was there, the trio as well as Smiley and Angry hissed at home as he scampered behind Iris. “Sweating a bit I turned away and stared at the plate. ‘I will resist. I WILL resist’. “Mrrow”. Looking at Azure I melted as his gleaming eyes looked at me as his eyes glistened with tears. “Oh all right! All right! I’ll make you some. Just don’t look at me like that!”. Taking out the eggs and milk, I didn’t even look at them as I made more omelette. I seriously need to resist those kitty charms or at some point it will kill me.

Scar (Kakucho’s) POV

Izana was fuming as he sat beside me, cursing Mikey under his breath as he looked at the woman weirdly. To be honest, I don’t know what to make of Naja. She’s a nice lady who looks after us and is even giving us something other than cat food. I shiver from yesterdays experience. She let us curl up with her on her bed and didn’t say anything about my scar. She fussed over all of us and treated me the same as the others which I was thankful for. I decided to leave Izana and went to check on the others. Hanma and Kisaki were huddled at the far end of the kitchen which made me cautious. I didn’t trust them but Izana insisted since he wanted to do anything to destroy Mikey. “She’s quite interesting~ Too bad I’m a cat right now”, pouted Ran as Rindou rolled his eyes at his older

 brothers antics. “As if you’d treat her any differently than all the other bitches you’ve been with”, scoffed Mucho as he just looked on. “Back off Ran. She’s mine”, said Shion with a calm tone although you could hear the threats behind it. “Huh? Since when is she yours? Also, she’s a human and we’re cats. At the moment none of us have a chance with her and why are you getting so territorial over her? Oh? Has the pet dog fallen?”, sneered Ran while the tension grew to the point the other three gangs came over to take a look. “I will never fall Haitani unlike you two who fell to acrying blue oger. I won’t repeat twice. Back. Off”. “Hey Hey Hey. If this is about Naja then she doesn’t belong to anyone in Tenjiku. She belongs to Toman or more specifically me”, Smiley grinned with an irk mark as as everyone turned to him. “Big brother. I think you meant to say us”, glared Angry as the atmosphere became even tenser. “Naja-chin belongs to nobody but me”, Mikey said in a dead tone causing all of us to shiver from the lifelessness coming from him when usually he’s childish. Just as it reached the peak we were interrupted by our owner. “Omelettes ready!”. “Finally!”, cheered Mikey as his personality did a 180 making us sweatdrop and Izana raging mad.  We all forgot about it but the tension still remained as we ate the omelettes. It was so~ good. I feel like I’m in Heaven. “Alright you boys take care. But don’t make a mess again understand? If I come back and see a mess, we’ll, … let’s just say you’ll wish you were never born”. As she was heading out the door, I saw Chonbo, Chome and Chozi sneak after her. Oh well, I hope they live to see another day.

NAJA’S POV

Getting into the car my first task of the day was to go with Daki to question a member of Bonten’s 2nd generation. This guy agreed to do it just because he wanted to make them pay, even if it cost him his life. Maybe he’s stupid or just suicidal but I guess he’s got guys to do this. “Let’s get this over with. I’ve got a date”, said Daki as I collected her and drove off. “Who’s the lucky guy this time?”, I mused as she rolled her eyes. “A guy named Jacque. What about you? When will you finally go on a date or meet up with a guy?”. “Who knows? Not many want to be the husband to a policewoman. At least Naoto’s gotten the looks, I’ve got no chance though”. She snorted at my stupidity and went on. “Don’t be ridiculous. You’re pretty and have a good personality. I wouldn’t even mind keeping you for myself… how about I introduce you to my brother?”. “No thank you. Now let’s just focus on the job”. The next half an hour was spent in idle conversations and singing along to the radio. We arrived at a small cafe and got out, determined to get the info we need. “Let’s get this show on the road”.

“Hello sir, you’re the one that worked for ‘you know who’ I presume?”, I asked in a professional tone as we approached the table where a sweating fidgety middle aged man sat at. “Yes and keep your tone down! Ask away and let me leave. I don’t care what you ask as long as you kill those sons of bitches”. Wow. Great guy. “We want to know about Bontens next moves, any places they visit regularly and this ‘Queen’ they’re talking about”. He then proceeded to tell us about anything important which wasn’t much but he told us some locations where they showed up regularly. “I don’t know who this Queen is since nobody’s ever seen her in real life but those three and their closest advisors will gut you I’d they hear you say a peep about her. Most think it’s just their excuse to do all this shit but lately they’ve been making more prominent moves and ‘preparing’ for their Queens arrival”. “How long ago have they started making more prominent moves?”, asked Daki as she sipped an americano. “A few days ago so very recently but a lot are wondering if they’ve finally lost their hinges. “Thank you Mr Osanai, you may go now”. While we were driving back to the station a thought passed my mind. By his descriptions they started to make bigger moves around the same time as I got my new cats… is there a connection?