Chapter 7

NAJA'S POV

Driving back home, I wondered how my babies were doing. They got lucky since most if the time, I stay at work past midnight or something. Stopping by the pet store on my way back, I buy some toys and treats since getting a vaccine takes a lot of guts. Arriving back home, I saw that Tanjiro was already there and was waiting at the door. Quickly getting out, I unlocked the door and let him bring in the large cage. All the cats, were meowing nonstop while looking at me with round eyes. “Thanks for taking them to the Vet's Tanjiro. I would’ve done it myself but, work is always demanding my attention”, I sheepishly stated meanwhile he just smiled and sat down at the kitchen table. “No problem Naja. I’m pretty much free all the time. You can always rely on me you know". Shooting him a smile on my own, it was like time stopped between us, before the cats started growing rowdy and grew volume. “Ah, I guess I need to take care of them Tanjiro. I’ll call you later, okay?”. “Yup! That’s fine with me. Bye Naja!”. I walk him to the door and lock it behind me. Don’t want any nosy neighbours coming in or any perverted stalkers. “Now let’s get all of you out". Undoing the clasp, they all burst out immediately. I guess they don’t like the cramped space. Taking out Azure and Angry since they’re asleep, I set them down and went back to the others. “You all must be hungry so lets feed you". I gave all of them extra food and some treats after, since they had a rough day with the vaccine, but for some reason some of the cats like Diamond and Jasper, were always staring at me and kept quiet. Thinking nothing of it, I made myself some noodles and took a seat on the couch near the fire. Turning on the TV, I put on some random anime and started watching it. Eventually I fell asleep and just before slipping into lala land, I managed to put my bowl on a side table and turn off the TV.

3RD CATS POV

In the darkness of the house, two cats were sitting on a windowsill at the far end of the house. “I assume both of us are here for the same reason?”. “Yup. That hanafuda guy was awfully close to Naja. Maybe we should take him out?”. “As much as I’d like that, we’re still cats. And I doubt he’s competition. You saw the way Naja was acting around him. As if he’s a little brother to her. Must piss him off to no end", snickered one of them as the other joined in. “Mhm. No one deserves little flower other than us”.

Sorry for short chapter. I got the flu.