Chapter Forty-Nine

A/N: Okay so this chapter kind of went on for longer than I expected so there will definitely be at least one (if not two) more chapters to come! I hope you like this one guys!

~ ~ ~

It all happened so quickly once the situation was under control.

Even though Cal had been incapacitated by the shocks he still tried to fight back, mouth almost foaming as he growled up at them. They slapped him in handcuffs and put him in the back of one of the police vans, handcuffing him again to the inside bars.

Karissa folded her arms and felt a great sense of pleasure fill her. "I feel like this is the part where he says something like 'and I would have gotten away with it too if you weren't for you meddling kids'," she said, earning the smallest of smiles from Derek.

Cassie went much more quietly, her body just going limp as they put her in cuffs and a blank expression on her face. She was pale, her neck covered in blood from the cuts on her face and one of the medics wrapped a bandage around her head to control the bleeding.

They took her out and put her in a separate car without a fuss, and she just sat there, head resting on the seat and her eyes unfocussed. It was over.

When Lydia and Boyd heard that it was over they came rushing in, Boyd was limping heavily but his leg was mostly healing. Lydia ran to Jackson, breaking the barrier and putting her hands on each side of his face and slamming her lips into him hard.

He kissed her back for only a moment before he said only one word. "Allison".

He looked over at her but she was sitting up, pressing her palm firmly against her shoulder and giving them a grimace.

"It's just my shoulder," she said through gritted teeth. "I'm okay."

Boyd ran to Daisy, snarling as he tried to break the chains but he knew they were reinforced. He just lifted her, propping her up in his lap and stroking her hair back from her damp forehead.

Karissa walked over to subtly break the mountain ash barriers around Scott and Isaac while the sheriff ran quickly to Stiles, yelling for a paramedic because somewhere during the battle he had lost consciousness. Derek hovered behind him, knowing that he couldn't push his father out of the way to get to him and the ambulance officers were arriving with a stretcher to take him away.

They managed to find some tools to break open the chains before lifting Stiles out, taking him straight to the ambulance. One of the deputies said they would take over while the sheriff got Stiles to the hospital and as they were taking him out he put a hand on Derek's shoulder.

Derek nodded to him and they parted without a word as the sheriff followed them out. Derek would make his way to the hospital too; he knew he had to finish up here first.

Erica was checking on Allison, her skin paled down quite a lot because of the blood she had lost. The paramedics were back soon enough to check on her and reluctantly she let them take her to the hospital to check her over.

They took Daisy with them too, she was still out cold but she was alive, and they had no idea whether she was capable of healing or not.

Isaac, Scott, and Jackson were relatively unscathed, the worst of their grievances being dehydration and light poisoning, most likely from wolfsbane. As soon as Scott was free from restraints he was on his feet, his head pounding but his feet moving him quickly, trying to get to the hospital to be with the others.

Erica agreed to go with him, sharing a look with Isaac who knew he had to give him space at least until the heat dies down before trying to talk to him. So he gave her a gentle nod and she ran after him, the paramedics trying to check the three of them over bewildered as to how unharmed they were compared to Stiles.