Chapter Twelve

A/N: What is it with you guys and Dackson? Oh right, you're a bunch of fangirls/boys, just like me :)

I will see what I can do but that was never part of my story plan. We will have to see how this goes, because soon things are going to get going and you might not like them all. Sorry, teasing, anyway, I hope you like this chapter :)

                                                          ~ ~ ~

Erica let out a long hard sigh, her elbows propped up on her knees and her chin resting in her palm. She stared out ahead of her into more woods as she thought to herself.

“You know that’s the third time you’ve done that since we got here.” Boyd said, looking over at her and waiting for her to let it all out.

“So?” She muttered.

“So it’s been like three weeks and you still haven’t said more than two words in his company.” He said.

“So?” She repeated, and Boyd just sat quietly and waited for the break. “What am I supposed to feel? How am I supposed to feel?” She asked.

“About what?”

“About everything. I know I should be happy that this new pack is docile as anything and that there’s nothing going on right now, I know that.” She said, biting her lip and still looking straight ahead. “Is it wrong that I kind of miss things happening?” She looked up and Boyd shook his head.

“I know what you mean, kind of like this feeling is… wasted on just high school.”

“It’s not like I'm sitting around wishing for another Maeve or anything… I just… and then there’s Derek.” She said in a puff.

“Erica, it happened like three weeks ago, and you do push the line a little bit.” He said, a smile creeping onto his face.

“I know I do, and for a while it was fun but it’s not just that I got close to him after the whole incident, or that I kissed him-”

“This is Stiles we’re talking about right?” He asked.

“Obviously,” she snapped. “It’s not just that, it’s like he blames me for putting him in danger because he was with me and Jackson. But he doesn’t blame him because he got himself knocked out before anything actually happened. I was the one that he risked his life for and so what? Does that make me the one to blame for what happened? He finds his own trouble without my help.”

“This stuff still plays on your mind? After all these months?” Boyd asked.

“What the hell was I supposed to do? Die for him? I mean I guess I kind of would die for Stiles, I’d die for all of you really.” She screwed up her nose. “That’s not true, I’d die for the two of you… and maybe Isaac, depends on the day, but not the rest of them.”