Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Sorry it took so long! Silly Season and all I had lots of family stuff on :) I hope you guys had the best Christmas and New Years ever! I wanted to get New Years chapter up sooner but you'll have to suffer through this for now :)

                                                                      ~ ~ ~

By the time it was nearing midnight everyone was exhausted. For the last few hours they had all just sat around the living room chatting, Derek had retired to the couch to read one of his books, piping up from time to time when he had something snide or witty to say.

When he had had enough of their chattering he got up and tossed his book aside, tugging on the top of Stiles’ shirt before heading to the stairs.

“Well, I guess that means I’m going to bed.” Stiles said with a yawn. “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!” He said with a grin and everyone let out a loud groan.

“That’s original.” Erica said, laying back on the floor and closing her eyes.

“You just going to sleep right there are you?” Boyd asked with a smile.

“It’s actually more comfortable than you think.” She said.

“Do you all mind shutting up now? We’re going to try and get some actual sleep.” Jackson said as he curled up with Lydia on the couch.

Allison’s eyes were looking heavy as she sat on the armchair and she just snuggled in a little deeper while Boyd lay down next to Erica on the floor.

“Yeah, it’s not bad.” He said with a shrug.

Isaac nudged Scott in the ribs and bobbed his head in the direction of the stairs so they got up and said goodnight to the rest of them, heading the same way as Derek and Stiles who had retreated to the relative sanctuary of Derek’s bedroom.

As soon as the door had closed behind them Derek had the antlers crumpled between his fingers and tossed across the room. Stiles chuckled as he pulled the fluffy Santa hat off his head and put it down on the dresser.

“Man, you really hated those things didn’t you?” Stiles said with a grin.

“If you ever make me wear something like that again you won't live to see another day.” Derek warned, realising he was still wearing the sweater and pulling it violently over his head.

“You’re such a sour wolf, come on, try and be merry.” Stiles said.

“Don’t push me. I have tolerated every-”

“Calm down! Okay, okay, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have forced you into the sweater and the ears and all the rest of it but it was a good night anyway, don’t you think?” Stiles asked.

Derek sighed huffily. “It was fine.”

“…but?”