Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: I am so sorry I went on hiatus for a while, my life has been so hectic and I've been stressed out but hopefully in the next few weeks i can get a few good chapters in. Thanks for still following and supporting me guys, you really are the best fans ever.

                                                               ~ ~ ~

Boyd spent the better part of the next day trying to talk to Erica. She wouldn’t even pick up the phone and she wasn’t home.  He concluded that she clearly wanted to be left alone.

Daisy wouldn’t talk to him either. Her phone would ring until it hit voicemail and with Erica’s words about Katherine he didn't want to try and find her. In the space of a few days he had lost all contact with the two most important people in his life.

Erica would come around soon enough, she always did. He didn’t know if she should do or not but he hoped that his luck hadn’t run dry. At least he knew where he’d wronged her though, Daisy was another story.

He couldn’t even begin to figure out the reason why she wasn’t speaking to him. He had to find out somehow, he wasn’t about to leave it that way.

By midweek Erica was speaking to him again, acting like it never happened. Instead she focussed her energy on planning the weekend in Denver with Isaac and Stiles, though she seems quite dark on Isaac and Boyd almost felt glad that it wasn’t just him.

Hopefully the weekend away from Beacon Hills would give her some solace, time to clear her head and held her come to her senses about the whole Katherine situation.

He tried to think that the whole thing was a terrible idea and that it was the last thing either of them would ever do but he couldn’t help letting some of those thoughts sneak past him. He kept them swallowed down as best he could and bit down on them painfully when he could feel those thoughts arising.

Daisy was a big part of the reason for that pull and the more she tried to convince him that they couldn’t be together the more he wanted to find out why, to see if joining their pack would change that. And if Erica was moving towards them he felt like he needed to follow her to make sure she wasn’t being lured into a trap.

They had thought about leaving before, like Erica had said. They were going to go out and join another pack, but things were different now – weren’t they?

Daisy hadn’t been in school all week and Boyd was not about to find Aiden or Ethan to ask about her. He would figure this out on his own, even if it took a whole lot longer than he wanted it to.

Scott sat at his desk trying to get some study done; god senior year was going to kill him. He was struggling on some math questions when he heard the door downstairs open and then close. At first he thought it was his mother getting home from work but he realised that she wouldn’t be back again until late.

It was barely a few moments before he felt the familiar scent of Isaac’s cologne and general pheromones engulf him. He sighed because he knew that he could never get much study done with Isaac around, and besides, he wasn’t supposed to be there tonight.

He spun around in his chair and waited for him to walk through the door. He heard his footsteps on the stairs and in a second he was in the doorway.

“Hey.” He said, unwrapping his scarf and hanging it on the door.

“Hey,” Scott said. “Thought we were having the night apart.”

“Derek and Stiles are having a game of verbal knife throwing. It’s really not pretty and I kind of didn’t want to intrude. You don’t mind if I crash here tonight do you?” He asked, as if it wouldn’t be okay.