Chapter Eleven

A/N: I am so sorry that the update took this long! I had some issues personally and then I had no internet for five days, five. I swear I almost died. I couldn't get my work onto the site so I had to wait for them to fix the connection. I am so sooo sorry! I will try to be quicker next time, thanks so much for waiting!

                                                          ~ ~ ~

Stiles sat at home in the chair at his desk, studying like he knew he should even though he always gets straight A’s anyway. He looked at the time on his phone and sighed, it was almost six and his dad wasn’t home, not to mention it was the full moon so Derek and all the rest of them were banding together because hey, some pack full of strangers decided to crash in their not-so-sleepy little town.

As he stared at his phone he bit back the urge to send Derek a text or call him. He hadn’t seen him the night before either, clearly this whole ‘new alpha in town’ thing has him rattled. Stiles knew it couldn’t be easy for him to deal with and that the reason he’s been a little colder the last few days is because there’s already been too much happening in the last few months and he doesn’t want to lose a member of his pack.

Stiles is just waiting for him to cut him off even further. He did it once after he almost lost him so who’s to say he won't do it again now? It’s a coping mechanism, he knows that. It’s a way for Derek to stop himself and the people he cares about getting hurt. He has this problem where he blames himself for all the problems that surround him.

Sometimes Stiles wishes that he would just blame Peter for long enough to kill him because he does far more damage than he does good. He never will though. Peter may be a jackass, a sarcastic and narcissistic liar who killed his sister – but he is the last part of his family left.

Stiles would have loved to meet Derek at sixteen, young and happy with a family still around him and before everything happened with Paige. He knew that he would have been so different. Sometimes he wonders if that Derek will ever come back.

Now he wasn’t focussing on anything productive so he threw down his pen and stretched himself out in his chair. He looked at the clock; 6:05.

God damn it, he thought. He was never going to get anything done now. He told himself that he wouldn’t interfere tonight because of the full moon and the new pack and it would make Derek feel better if he was just at home having a quiet one but the silence was starting to get irritating.

He decided to go for a shower because there was nothing better to do and he was waiting to hear from his dad. He didn’t want to cook anything if he wasn’t going to be home or if he was picking something up on the way. Then again, his cooking was basically reheating whatever he could find.

He checked his phone again, knowing that if he had got a message he would have heard it but still swiping the screen anyway. He threw it down onto his bed and headed into the bathroom, quickly stripping down and turning on the hot water. The weather was still warm for now, in a few months it would be getting a lot colder.

He took his time, knowing that after this all he had was study or TV and nothing sounded all that interesting to him. Well, one or two things did, and so he amused himself for a while with one of them. It didn’t kill as much time as he had hoped it would.

When the room was too steamy to breathe he climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist, giving himself a quick glance in the mirror. He had no idea what Derek saw in him. Sure, he had nice cheekbones and small dimples when he smiled but Derek had the body, the hair, the jawline, the everything that made a guy perfect. He knew that his scent had something to do with it but all he could smell now was soap and when he hasn’t had a shower it’s sweat. So he hasn’t got a clue but his mantra begins with the line ‘if it ain’t broke’.