Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Love your comments guys, keep them coming and I'll give you more updates!

                                                     ~ ~ ~

The next few days were their last days of freedom, by Monday they were back at Beacon Hills High.

After the rave Erica had mercilessly questioned Boyd about where he was for the last hours of the year, to which he told her that he was walking because the noise had made him feel slightly ill. He said nothing of his companion.

For some reason he felt compelled to keep his dalliance with Daisy a secret, even though he knew that Derek would kill him if he found out.

The two of them had met up again once after, taking a walk through the forest and talking about their plans for the year ahead and books they had read. More than anything else Boyd just enjoyed her company.

He knew what the others would say – that he couldn’t trust her, that him and Danny being targeted by them had to mean something, but his instinct told him that she was no danger to them.

Isaac walked out of class that Monday afternoon with his phone in his hand and a smile on his lips. He hadn’t seen Scott since the night before.

Scott saw him from across the courtyard and walked over to him, striding alongside him and trying to sneak a peek at his phone screen.

“So why are you so smiley? Who’s messaging you?” He asked as he nudged him with his hip.

“I’m smiling because classes are over for the day and I was just sending a message back to Cassie.” He said as he pressed send and put the phone back in his pocket.

“Cassie? You mean that old girlfriend of yours?” He asked, his hands using the straps of his backpack for holds.

Isaac laughed. “She’s not an old girlfriend; she’s a girl who happens to be an old friend.” He said.

“That’s what I meant; I didn’t think she was still here.”

“Yeah well she had some trouble finding a place to rent but she managed to find an apartment just before New Year’s. I bumped into her this morning so we switched numbers. We’re going to catch up sometime this week.” He said, slipping an arm around Scott’s waist.

“Oh really?” He asked, an oddly unsettling feeling setting up camp in his stomach. “When? Where?” He said before he could stop himself.

Good thing the rest of his thoughts didn’t slip out too. Have you told her about us?

Isaac laughed. “Don’t tell me you’re jealous.” He said, enjoying it way too much.

“I’m not jealous I just – okay, maybe a little, but I don’t know anything about her and to be honest you get a little secretive about her whenever I ask.” He looked slightly downtrodden and Isaac stopped both of them in their tracks.

“I have? Sorry, I didn’t even know I was doing it.” He said, looking into Scott’s eyes and tilting his head to the side.

“You’re pretty secretive about a lot of things from your past, your whole life really.”

“I guess I take after Derek in that way.” He said with a grin.

“Don’t let him hear you say that.” Scott chuckled.

“Hey, I may be blonde but I’m not stupid.”

“Well just let me know… you know…”

“I promise you will have map coordinates and an exact time for our meeting so that you can spy on me all you want.” He said, pulling Scott into his arms. “Hey, once we get to catch up the three of us can go out and you can get to know Cassie yourself.” He said, smiling as he held tightly to Scott’s waist.