Chapter Thirty

A/N: Okay, here's your next chapter! This book is getting so long it's actually crazy.

                                   ~ ~ ~

Derek wasn’t expecting much to come of that night.

He was expecting Stiles to come over at some point after his studying. He expected Peter to call up with some kind of need to talk scenario which he would ignore. The last thing he expected was for Isaac to call him down to the outside entrance of the loft with a very flat tone and using the words ‘you need to get down here like, yesterday’.

He hung up the phone and headed straight downstairs. If Isaac was as worried in person as he sounded on the phone then something was seriously wrong. Not to mention the fact that he hadn’t just come up to see him.

So he didn’t take the elevator, he took the fire escape to save time and ran to the front entrance where he saw Isaac by a pillar. He stopped in his tracks when he saw who was standing by his side.

There she stood, black jeans and black T-shirt with big black combat-boots and her arms folded. Her scent was quite pleasant, some might have called it alluring, but Derek knew why and just seeing her made his skin prickle with the memories of last year.

“What are you doing here?” He said with a coldness to his voice that didn't go unnoticed.

“Come on now Derek, I thought we were past all of this ‘my sister tried to kill your werewolves’ thing. You could at least say hi.” She said, popping her hip.

“If I remember right you were leaving Beacon Hills with no intent to return.” He said. “Are you going back on your word?”

“Do you really think I would be here if I had any other option?” She hissed and Derek felt the air about them change. She obviously felt it too because she took a deep breath and soon it was back to normal. “I’m here because you made an alliance with my mother. That alliance was to be that you were on our side if we asked for your help.”

“So where is your mother?”

She sighed but kept her eyes trained on him. “She’s missing.”

Derek raised an eyebrow and Isaac looked from him back to Karissa.

“What do you mean missing?” Isaac asked.

“I mean she’s gone, disappeared, nowhere to be seen.” She said with a quick glance to Isaac.

“For how long?” Derek asked.

“Weeks now, getting closer to months.”

“How do you know she didn’t just leave? I mean hell, if I was stuck with you for―” Isaac started.

“There’s a bond, idiot, my mother would never leave us without a word. We are a family, you know, one of those ‘we only have each other’ type deals. Something isn’t right and… and I need help to find her.” She said with a last look to Derek, nothing but the truth in her eyes.

“Wait… you said she’d never leave ‘us’, you didn’t bring your psycho sister here did you?” Isaac asked and Derek raised an eyebrow as if to reiterate the same question.

“Freya isn’t the same as she was before. We helped her, drew her back in. She hasn’t killed anyone in months. My mother and I cleansed her of all that bad blood back when we took her away from here. She’s still got that killer instinct but hey, I wouldn’t want to be around you in a bad mood on a full moon.” She said with a snap at Isaac. “I just thought that you wouldn’t listen if she came with me to see you and I just – I need you to listen to me and to help me. I know my mother’s treaty means nothing because she’s gone and it wasn’t me that you had the deal with but if you just―”