Chapter Fifty

A/N: Okay guys so this one is pretty long because it's got some tie-up information in it! I know I keep saying there's only going to be this many more chapters, but I mean it when I say there will be one more chapter after this (that I am working on now) and then an epilogue chapter after that. I hope you like this guys!

There is a warning that a gay slur will be used in this chapter, only once and not from anyone that will make you cry to hear it.

~ ~ ~

Isaac walked back into the hospital waiting room, slumping down into one of the chairs with a vacant expression on his face.

It couldn't all be over, not like this.

They'd had fights before but this one felt different.

Erica came and sat down beside him, giving him a look.

"You okay?" she asked.

He thought about nodding, about saying that he was fine, but even without her werewolf senses she would have known it to be a lie.

"No," he said softly.

She put a hand on his knee and gave him a weak smile.

"I don't know what happened in there, but you can always talk to me about it," she said.

Isaac sighed. "I know, it's just the two people I would talk to in this situation are Scott and Stiles."

"One who won't talk to you and another who can't?" she asked and he looked up at her. "Scott didn't really seem like he wanted to talk to anyone, but the way you two looked at another..."

"That bad huh?" he said.

"Not what you wanted to hear, was it?"

"Not really."

She sighed a little.

"It feels kind of selfish, wanting to talk to Stiles about our own crap while he's up there in a hospital bed," she said.

"What's worse is he'd probably still listen to it all the minute he woke up," he said.

"Is it weird that even I need to talk to him about something?" Jackson said, listening in unintentionally.

"What do you have to talk to who about?" Lydia asked, looking up at him from her spot on his shoulder.

He looked down at her a moment, wondering how the hell he was supposed to tell her what she was. Cassie had only said it in front of him and Stiles, and he needed to know how to even breach the subject.

"Stiles, it's just that some stuff happened in there," he said.

"I doubt Derek will be going anywhere tonight," Erica said. "I think Boyd said he's waiting for Ethan and Aiden to come and see Daisy."

"They're on their way?" Jackson asked.

"I left a message," Erica said. "Aiden didn't pick up."

"Better hope they're screening them," Lydia said.

"They better be," Erica said.

"We should get you home," Lydia said, her hand on Jackson's knee.

He sighed but nodded. "Yeah okay."

"We'll come back down in the morning to see how Stiles and Allison are," she said and Jackson gave her a look.

"Wait, what day is it?" Jackson asked and Lydia gave him a warm smile.

"Saturday," she said.

"I think I had a chemistry report due yesterday," he said.

"I'm sure they'll give you an extension," she said.