☆Chapter-20

The beginning

Aalia was sitting on the couch when Aleesha came in

     "Aren't you going to get ready? They will be here in no time." Aleesha said.

Aalia looked at Aleesha for a while.

"Yah. Can you go out so that I can get ready?" Aalia asked Aleesha.

   "It was rude. But it's okay. I will leave." Aleesha left Aalia alone.

     "Come on....Aalia think....What will I do now? Should I just run away? Should I just ask Adnaan to talk to dad? Or should I tell dad that I like Adnaan? Yah. Dad and mom like him too. So that's gonna be fine. Aaliaaaa....think of a logical way." She was talking to herself. She took a random knee length top. 

"Does this suit me? Who cares? It's better to dress gross, so they won't like me. Then the proposal will be successfully canceled. I hope my plan works. " Aalia said.

She sat on the bed. Her dream of being with Adnaan was slowly deteriorating. She closed her eyes. She called Adnaan a million times but his phone was switched off. She couldn't do anything. The only thing she could do was to let fate take its lead. For the last time she dialed Adnaan's number. She sighed deeply. It was of no use. Still switched off. 

"Allah....help me." She prayed.

After a while she heard voices. She knew that it was them. Those people are going to take her away from Adnaan. She adjusted her scarf on her head. 

'Everything will be alright. Everything will be fine.' She thought. 

Alessha opened the door. 

"Aalia, come downstairs. They want to see you." Aleesha said.

    Aalia nodded and walked behind Aleesha. Her thoughts were about Adnaan. It felt like each step taken by her was taking her away from Adnaan. She entered the living room and found Afna di, Mina khala, uncle. 

     'Wow!What was the need of calling them? Wait ,wait does that mean that Adnaan also knows about this?' Aalia thought. 

     'No matter what, I won't say yes to this marriage proposal. I won't let any dumb guy marry me.' Aalia thought. 

"Aalia, come. Sit here." Her dad said.

She looked around but she didn't find any unfamiliar faces that she was expecting to see. 

   'Maybe they are late.' Aalia thought.

Aalia walked towards her dad and sat next to him.

"About this marriage proposal, they have been asking about your marriage with their son. We thought about it. It's a good proposal. And personally I think he will keep you safe and you won't regret marrying him." Her dad said.