Chapter 12: Broken

Clark's POV

I flew back to the hospital, speed-changing into my ordinary civilian clothes. Entering, I showed the security guard my vaccine card and handed me a mask, as they were still required in hospitals and medical settings.

As I further walked in, after being cleared to enter, I saw my mom crying while Lois tried to calm her down, both wearing masks.

Needless to say, I felt so bad I was unable to even so much as face my mother after what I did to my little brother, her miracle child.

Further walking in, I knew I had to face my mom and whatever she had to say to me. I never felt so hopeless in my life, unsure of what was happening to me or whose anger I was experiencing when it was not mine, to begin with.

"Clark!" my mom walked up to me, crying, and hugging me. "What happened?

"Mom, it was me!" I cried.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know what came over me" I tried to keep it together. "I overheard Omar talking to Laurel about how I took him to the fortress as Superman."

"Using your advanced hearing?" Lois asked.

"Yes" I sighed, trying to control my emotions.

"Clark, you need to calm down" my mom urged. "What exactly happened?"

"I lost control of my temper. I faced him and took him to the fortress by force and I questioned him about why he told Laurel about how I took him to the fortress because she's started displaying powers."

"So the tainted vaccine is affecting her now?" asked Lois.

"Yes, but Omar never told her I am...you know" I looked around to make sure no one was listening. "...I got so mad because the rage I've been feeling, started getting to me, this rage that doesn't belong to me and I started losing control in the fortress and I pushed Omar against the wall and he got injured" I sank to one of the chairs, crying. "I don't know why or how I lost that much control but I hurt my little brother!"

"Clark!" my mom hugged me, which surprised me because I was expecting her to say I was a monster.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I hurt my little brother, your miracle child. I didn't mean to but when I extended my arm to make sure he didn't get any closer, he was closer than I imagined and I..."

"It's okay, mijo!" she hugged me, assuring me all was okay. "I know you didn't mean to hurt your brother and I know you would never do that, especially on purpose. And just so you know, you are as much my miracle child as is, Omar. Before you came into our lives, I never imagined I would ever have the chance to be a mom. And you changed my life and as a result, I was able to give birth to Omar. So don't ever assume you are not my miracle child too because you are!"

"But I hurt him. I dislocated his arm! How can you not be mad at me?!" I looked at her with tear-filled eyes.

"Because I know you didn't attempt to hurt him. It just happened and the doctor said he's gonna be okay and that no lasting damage or major injuries occurred. He's going to be okay and I also know that this anger and rage is not yours. You've never been that kind of person and I know what's happening to you is out of your control."

"But I have to get a hold of this. What if I hurt him, you, or Lois?"

"No, you can't think that way" said Lois. "I know you, and even before you told me your secret, you were always this mild-tempered individual and I love you for that. It's what made me fall in love with you, because of the strength you have emotionally and you're not afraid to show it."