Chapter 30: Reconciling the Past

Upon waking up, I was freaked out to know that Clark and I had just shared a dream. I had to assume this was somehow connected to our bond.

"What just happened?" I once again asked as Clark was still frozen and surprised. "Wait, what happened to me?"

"You don't remember anything?"

"I do" I said, realizing though, that the details were somewhat fuzzy. "I remember being kidnapped by Chris, then we ended up in Zahléh and then he stabbed me...what happened?"

"He stabbed you with a poisoned dagger and you were dying. I took you to the Fortress and my father healed you."

"How did he do it?" I was curious, though the expression on Clark's face was telling me it was not exactly good.

"The poison was killing you and you only had hours to live. My father said there was no cure and so I got desperate and he suggested I share my solar energy reserves with you since your physiology is still partially Kryptonian. So he transferred the solar energy from my cells to yours, and that's how you were cured."

"Okay, but why do I sense that there was a possible consequence to this?" I further studied his expression. "I can see it in your face."

"I gave you almost every drop of solar energy I had and as a result, I will be powerless for a few days, maybe a week."

"Wait..." I got up and the moment I pounced my hand over my nightstand, a chunk of wood came off, and suddenly realized I was fully empowered. "What the hell?"

"You're empowered by my solar reserves."

"Clark, what's going to happen if something comes up? If trouble starts stirring?"

"I don't know. I will have to talk to Kara and Barry."

"Clark, you should have done something else that would not have stripped you of your powers."

"There was no other way to heal you. I've failed you as a brother, especially lately, and I could not sit back and let you die. Plus, you should have seen how devastated mom was after Chris took you."

"But with you being powerless, now you're vulnerable to human disease, and with COVID-19 still flying around?"

"I knew the risks when I did this. I was not about to let you die when what happened was essentially my fault. I should have understood why you did what you had to do. I left you to deal with Nour when she was going to kill mom. I should have let go of my ideals and looked at the situation for what it was."

"But..."

"Look, I gave you the cold shoulder, and treated you badly when you were not at fault, to begin with. I was not about to let you perish when I could have done something about it. I was not about to lose you too."

I walked up to him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, feeling both sad and happy at the same time.

"I don't know what to say" I said, unsure if I should thank him, though that was the logical thing to do. Except, he had done it when it disempowered him. "Is this empowerment like, permanent?"

"No, eventually your body will get rid of the borrowed energy but your cells will eventually absorb enough on their own so your powers will continue to develop."

"But I'm still baffled by how I lost my powers when I came face to face with Nour."

"You were exposed to blue kryptonite. It makes Kryptonian powers go dormant. Do you remember anything or how you could have been exposed?"