Chapter 15: Vampire or Alien?

I woke up, in my room. I felt pain in my neck and felt a bandage over it. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror, noticing the bandage which had visible blood that had soaked through. I also looked at the slash on my arm, which was not bandaged but the wound had started to clot, therefore on its way to healing by forming a scab.

Everything was blurred in my mind, trying to recall everything that had happened and remembered I had gotten attacked by that vampire. But I also remembered Damien fighting him and had beaten him to a pulp until he shoved him out the window, turning into a bat.

Stepping out of my room, I walked downstairs and noticed someone else chatting with my mom, brother, and Lois.

The moment I realized it was Damien, I went into defensive mode and my brother came and stopped me before I had a chance to attack him.

"Relax!" Clark had me pinned against the wall.

"He's, he's a..." I started to stutter.

"He's not a threat!" my brother assured.

"He's a vampire!" I said, my heart beating fast.

"No, he's not!" he said, with urgency.

"What?!" I was suddenly confused.

"I'm not a vampire, though I do have similar traits like the fangs, turning into a bat, and the blood..."

"Yeah, yeah...I know. But if you're not a vampire then what are you?"

"I'm an alien."

"An alien... with vampire traits?"

"Yes" Damien smiled, amusingly. "I'm from the planet Transilvane and therefore, I'm a transilvanian."

"Yes" said Clark. "I know you thought he was a vampire but he's not. He's an alien, extra-terrestrial."

"I see" I sighed. "And the whole other vamp...or transilvanian, turning into a bat?"

"That's a trait we also have. In fact, most of the folklore that exists here on earth is because of our existence and therefore, one of the reasons why you see movies and shows about vampires."

"I see" I was still confused but while I was aware of alien life and metas even before learning about my brother's status as Superman, this was still way too new for me.

It was also quite surprising to learn that a race of aliens with vampire-like traits and abilities, actually existed.

I sat down, my neck still hurting like crazy but I had a strong feeling I would survive.

"So you're a transilvanian?" asked Lois.

"Yes, but we're not of this universe" said Damien.

"What universe are you from?"

"We're from Earth-Prime but we came here to Earth-38 because my dad's former best friend who is now a warlord, is after him. We meant to go to the earth of that universe and we were there for a short while, but we ended up coming here, as bounty hunters are after my dad."

"What for?" I asked.

"Because my dad fought alongside the rebels who were simply trying to bring down the corrupt government in our world but it became too dangerous and so my dad and I came here."

"It's a good thing you told us" said Clark. "That way I can protect you and your family if anyone from Earth-Prime comes here to take your dad away."

"Thank you" said Damien.