Chapter 32: Infected

"So you're also a Human-Kryptonian hybrid?" I asked.

"Yes. I never knew until after I landed on Earth-Prime. I can do almost the same things as a Kryptonian, like flight, heat vision, imperviousness, and fly."

"Okay, so that means we got somewhat of an advantage" I said and grabbed some masks. "Here, put this on and we have to go talk to my mom as well as Lois and Lucy."

"And I see that Lois and Clark are together here, as they are on Earth-Prime and on Earth-2. I suppose some things just never change."

"Yeah, that's starting to sink in" I said and went to look at Clark, who was sweating and burning up.

Both Dawoud and I walked into the house where Lois, Lucy and my mom were in the kitchen table, talking.

"Omar, whose your friend?" asked my mom. "And why are you both wearing masks in here?"

Then I saw Dawoud looking at both Lucy and Lois, but his attention was more toward my mom, which sort of begged the question why, until it dawned on me that he grew up with the Kents on Earth-2, which meant maybe just maybe, my mom was a doppelganger of his adoptive mom.

"This is Dawoud and he's actually from a different universe" I said.

"Wait, from what universe?" asked Lucy.

"I'm from Earth-Prime" he revealed.

"Earth-Prime" said Lucy. "Do I exist there, or another version of me and Lois?"

"Oh yeah, you both do and Lois, of course is married to Clark and they have fraternal twin teenage boys" said Dawoud.

"Wait, he and I are married in your universe?"

"Yes, on Earth-Prime at least. But on Earth-2, their sons are also fraternal twins and have the same names, but they are under the age of ten."

"That's a big leap" Lois chuckled.

"Yeah, but we have a really big problem and we need to act quickly" I finally decided to break the ice. "Clark just tested positive for COVID and he's really sick."

"Hence the masks" said Lucy. "And we've likely been exposed too."

"Yes, and he just coughed out blood."

"What?!" my mom got up, as did Lois and Lucy. "Where is he?"

"He's in the barn" I said.

"Okay, let me check him" Lucy ran out the door and the rest of us followed suit.

The moment we walked in, I handed them some masks so they could at least protect themselves, thought they have been exposed.

Lucy checked his heartrate and from her expression, I could tell it was likely erratic. She took out her stethoscope from here medical kit she had brought with her and had him breathing in and out.

"His lungs are likely filling up with fluid" she said.

"So he has pneumonia" I said.

"Yes, which means we need to get him to a hospital ASAP!" she urged.

"But what if he is exposed as a Kryptonian?"

"Since he doesn't have powers, he would not be exposed unless he is empowered. But then again, his skin would be impenetrable" said mom.

"So there's no chance of there being any risk of exposure?" I asked, just to confirm for myself.