Chapter 37: Welcome to Argo City

"How are you still alive?" Clark asked, noticing how his eyes were glossy, slowly becoming filled with tears as he hugged his parents.

His biological parents.

Except, what surprised me was how young looking they were. But I remember Jor-El's AI hologram telling us how Kryptonians aged far slower than humans. So they could be in their forties or fifties and still look like they were in their twenties or perhaps even early thirties.

Emotions were stirred to the extreme due to the shock of his parents having survived a planet that exploded, and how this piece of my brother's native planet, survived the cataclysm it faced.

"I can't tell you how I prayed for this day to come!" Clark's mom said as she cried tears of joy. "Thank Rao!"

Lara Lor Van-El

Lara Lor Van-El

***

"I can't express how happy I am to know you survived!" Clark cried on his mom's shoulder, as she hugged and embraced him.

He then walked up to his father, Jor-El, and both embraced with a long hug.

The moment of silence between them was a long one. I stood there, wondering where I fit in this whole scene since now it turned out that his parents were alive all along.

It felt selfish on my part but, did his parents being alive mean that one of my greatest fears, would be realized? The fear that I would lose Clark?

Then it hit me that I could not be selfish. I had to keep this to myself and not mention it to him, as I was not going to guilt trip him either, if he did decide to move here with his parents.

 I had to keep this to myself and not mention it to him, as I was not going to guilt trip him either, if he did decide to move here with his parents

Jor-El

***

Wherever 'here' was.

"And the boy?" Clark's mom asked.

If I remembered correctly, her name was Lara.