Chapter 23: El-Mayarah

الميارة

Kara and Alex helped us track Nour and Zod, and we managed to track them in Zahléh, Lebanon, which was in the Beqaa Valley, where Clark's ship crash landed.

We flew out there, though Clark had to carry me and Kara, Alex, since neither of us had the ability to fly. And even if I did, the heights would freak me out and who knows if I would lose absolute control as a result.

Arriving at the abandoned house where they were likely keeping my mom, Lois, and Lucy, Clark and I stayed behind while Kara and Alex searched around to be sure there were no traps set up.

With General Zod, according to my brother, anything could be expected. During our flight, my brother told me that while Zod had originally been sentenced to spend life imprisoned in Fort Rozz, the council of Krypton had deemed him to be extremely dangerous and decided to instead, banish him to the Phantom Zone.

I did not know Zod as well as my brother but knowing his son, Chris/Lor-Zod, gave me a glimpse as to his evilness because Chris possessed it. I could see the malevolence in his eyes and it was scary to even think about.

"How long is this going to take?" I practically demanded.

"Be patient."

"I can't be patient. Mom, Lois, and Lucy are out there...what if..."

"No, don't say it! They're okay and we will go back home, soon. I promise" my brother assured.

"Okay, I will take your word for it. But what can we expect from them?"

"Nothing good, but I'll tell you one thing, we will defeat them one way or another."

"Just not kill, right?"

"Yes, we don't kill."

"But what if it becomes a situation in which it's either kill or be killed?" I asked, and Clark did not answer.

Kara Danvers/Kara Zor-El/Supergirl

***

I could tell he did not want to fathom the idea that things could go in that direction but seeing how insidious our aunt Nour had been, neither of us knowing she was Kryptonian nor that she was married to General Dru-Zod, my brother's worst enemy, was enough to freak me out. And the fact that Chris was her son, was enough to keep me on my toes.

Being new to this superhero stuff, though from an outside point of view, I knew these were some of the situations that one could come across.

Alex and Kara showed up, in a breeze.

"We found them" said Kara. "They are in a room but they are being guarded by Lor-Zod."

"You mean that dirt-bag, Chris!" I snapped.