Chapter two - High School Shenanigans

"Ethan... Thank... Goodness... I... Found... You... " Diana pants as she reaches me. She crouches down, trying to catch her breath as if she's just run a marathon.

"What's up?" I question and look at her funny. "You need a respirator or something?"

"Haha." She deadpans and glares at me as she tries to collect herself and actually construct a sentence.

Diana is one of my best friends. Actually, she's more of a sister than anything else, since we practically grew up together. Our mothers are best friends and it was Diana's aunt Claire who married my father.

"You need to come with me, right away. Matthew-" She doesn't have time to finish because as if on cue Matthew comes running through the corridor.

I almost dropped my... Well everything, as I see Matthew running. In a cheerleading uniform. For girls, that is. And he is being chased by an angry group of cheerleaders. Sophie is not included.

"Oooh, this is so going in the yearbook!" Diana wheezes and clutches her stomach, making a strand of her pitch-black hair fall out of her ponytail. She proceeds to push her hand down her back pocket and fish out her cellphone.

"What in the world has he done now?" I sigh, but can't hold myself from chuckling along.

Although this was a bit extreme, even for Matthew, he did have a tendency to get himself into these kinds of situations.

"He lost a bet." Diana laughs "I told him to ask the coach on a date."

"I-" I can't find the words as I proceed to laugh at the absurdity of the situation.

Let me clarify this. The football coach was an old military General who has trained the guys so hard that they may actually win the state championships. He is also really stern and has no appreciation for Matt's dramatics. If he wasn't such an asset to the team, the coach would've kicked him off years ago. Oh, and also, the chance of the coach actually going on a date with Matthew was lower than 0%.

"Why does he keep doing this?" I question and roll my eyes as he runs for his life.

"DIANA! Are you filming this?" Matt's voice booms throughout the corridor.

"You bet I am!" She calls back as the cheerleaders gnarl after Matt in frustration.

Diana and I exchange a look, deciding to hold the doors open for him.

"Dude, you should stick to football, I think you've outgrown your skirt!" I laugh as the edge of his boxers sticks out from underneath the uniform.

"You think you're so funny, don't you?" He says in a threatening way with a wicked grin.

Just as he runs past us, he swiftly raises the back of his skirt and bends forward in a little curtsy.

"Thank yoU!" He says the last part in falsetto as one of the cheerleaders gets a hold of his arm. But he still manages to escape the school.

I pretend to gag and Diana laughs her butt off, but still manages to get it all on tape. About 0.2 seconds later, the rest of the cheerleaders squeeze their way out the door.

"He is so going to die!" Diana laughs as Josh approaches us.

Diana and Josh are cousins, but they could easily pass off as twins. They've both got pitch-black hair, dark brown eyes, and similar facial features, although Josh's are a bit more masculine. They are almost as tall as well, Josh only beating Di by a couple of inches. The difference between them is that while one of them is like my sibling, the other one actually is.