Chapter fourteen - My Humble Abundance

The second we got out on the other side of the wall I spun May toward me and held her tightly. The kick of adrenaline I got from our little adventure made me lose my senses almost instantly... Or maybe it was the opposite? Because as she looked at me with such adornment and curiosity I couldn't help but to pull her even closer, and with the slight hitch of her breath I did in fact lose my mind. Truly believing there was no one else in the entire world but her, I kissed her. The sensation was nothing like I'd ever felt before. With one hand on her neck and the other around her back it felt like I was made for her. As well as her for me. Like she was the one person that I didn't know I had been missing all this time, and to think that she'd been right here in front of me all this time. I could feel her smile against my lips and a jolt of happiness set off like fireworks within me. I smiled back and despite her being about as tall as me, I lifted her up and spun us around without daring to let go of her kiss. It was so typical that even though the moment seemed to last for the longest time, it passed us by much sooner than I'd hoped. I let her feet meet the ground and we let go, but only a little. Despite seeing my best friends stand agape only a step away from us, I couldn't for as much as a second release the wonder before me with my eyes. She looked back at me, smiling and breathing heavily whilst teasing me with her eyes. They were sparkling in ways I didn't even know they could and so I smiled at her unbelievingly and shook my head before embracing her again and leaned in to whisper to her.

"If only I'd done that sooner... " I said with a voice so low that there was no way anyone else would've heard. Goosebumps erupted on her neck and as I backed away she held her hand over her mouth. "What's wrong?" I asked her with a laugh, but she only shook her head.

"You can't do that to me and then expect me to function properly!" She whispered back at me, rather loudly. I smiled back at her, mischief evident in my eyes as I swiftly kissed her on the cheek and once again whispered to her "Until next time." Feeling confident and quite proud that I'd had such an effect on her, I once again met her eyes, thinking they'd be somewhat adoring and wishing for more. Only I think it was my own eyes that said so as she bit down on her bottom lip. Oh, how I wish we were alone...

"I'm sorry to disturb you two, but the bus is here unless we want to walk home," Diana said gently, with a teasing undertone.

"Bus... " I repeated, not really comprehending, as I stared into May's eyes.

"Yes, bus. And unless we leave right this instant we're going to miss the bus." Diana said, increasingly more worried.

"Oh, right." I snapped out of my daze as we all saw the bus show up at the horizon. "Well come on then, we better run!" I smiled and grabbed May's hand as we all sprinted towards the bus stop somewhat ahead of us. We were quite lucky because we would've missed the bus if it weren't for the kind driver who stayed a little longer at the bus stop so that we had time to reach it. There were no four seats available and Diana was quick to steal May away from me so the four of us sat down on either side of the aisle. The girls quickly started to whisper to each other while Matthew and I only exchanged knowing looks.

"Where are we going?" May asked a little while. I knew it was Diana's unspoken role to invite us back to her place, but what was probably the first time ever I spoke up.

"Why don't we go over to my place?" I offered. Both Matt and Diana did look quite taken aback by the offer since we literally never went over to my house.

"Sure!" Matthew was quick to say as Diana looked a bit more skeptical of the matter.

"Is that really a good idea, Ethan?" Diana said leadingly as physically possible.

"Yeah! Why not?" I beamed and looked curiously over at her. I wondered what she looked so worried about but I'd soon after receiving the answer.

"Well, I don't think May is quite aware of what to expect... " She said. I was just about to tell her that it wouldn't be a problem when May spoke up instead.