Chapter four - Lunchtime

May had lunch with us the previous day, and despite what I and Matt had feared Sophie had little to no problem with her. At first, she did put an effort in to making May feel uncomfortable, but she just ignored it. When she later asked May to pass the salt Matt and Josh high-fived. A success.

There's something about the way she moves. May, that is. It's as if her entire being intrigues me. Not only her natural confidence and positive energy but the feeling that I can't quite get to her. I guess that's the difference between people you've known all your life, such as Sophie, Diana or Josh. Compared to those you've just met. You don't just know everything about them. Now, I got to know Matt later than the rest of the gang, but that as well was so long ago that I can't even remember how.

"Jeez, have I been walking around like this all day? People must think I'm the biggest slob... " I say half-heartedly as I inspect the rip in my hoodie as Matt and I walk towards the cafeteria.

"What is this I hear? Ethan BadBoy Bennett, caring what other people think?" Matthew exclaims dramatically.

"Hah! I am the furthest thing from a bad boy." I state. "We're the weirdos of the school. I'm just surprised we haven't gotten flushed yet..."

"Are you kidding me? You are the hot girl that every guy wants. You're the hottest girl." (A.N. If you know these references then I love you) "And I am like your super popular sidekick! Bad Boys for life!"

"I am not a bad boy." I laugh and shake my head.

"Oh, you so are!" Matthew teases "Driving that motorcycle-"

"Never again." I interrupt him.

"Having a chick on your arm at all times" Matthew winks.

"If you mean Sophie, then I am going to have to repeat myself, never again. And if you are referring to yourself... Let me just say this, NO!" I say and pretend-gag.

Matthew rolls his eyes. "Well, you have the reputation at least. Being high tempered and being late all the time, not paying attention in class..."

"Oh come on! Now you're just being mean! I've been late like three times! And last semester I had straight A's so that last claim is bull. And no shit I am hot-tempered having to deal with all of your sh*t all day." I glare at the never-ending happiness, that is also his best friend.

"Come on! You love me!" Matthew teases as he pokes my shoulders.

"I am not a bad boy..." I mutter, mostly to myself, as we enter the cafeteria.

Matthew quickly spots the rest of the gang and sits down with them as I stand in line to get us a couple of pizza slices. The room is filled with students who are all speaking loudly. There are maybe a dozen tables placed in the room, and the doors to the outdoor seating area are open. We have a really nice cafeteria compared to other schools, but it sucks whenever it's raining. I look out the windows and see my friends at one of the tables in the middle. Luckily it's sunny outside most days.

"Oh my goodness that looks so good." Diana drools as I hand Matt his pizza and I sit down next to them, with Sophie and Josh on the opposite side.

"You ain't getting mine," I say and she frowns at me.

"Come on, please?" She begs and smiles sweetly at me. "Just a little bit?"

NEVER let Diana get your food. A "little bit" in her world is half-the-freaking pizza in the normal world.

"Get your own!" I order her and push her face away, making Matt collateral damage as he falls off the bench.

"Rude." Diana huffs and fixes her ponytail.