BOOK 3: CANIS

Liked this book? Check out the teaser to the third (and final) book in the Species Unknown series below! If you like it, I've already posted it to my profile with weekly ongoing updates!

~*~

"Please don't..." I choked out, my voice barely above a whisper. My fear was building, constricting my throat and my body, leaving me capable of doing little more than watching the man in front of me.

Not that it mattered how loud I spoke, he couldn't hear me anyways. His mind was lost to the battle against the creature inside him, threatening to surface.

With every strangled moan, the room I was in seemed to shrink. The walls around me were closing in, pushing me closer to the man I once knew and the creature he was about to become.

"I...can't..." He managed to ground out before his voice was interrupted with a feral growl.

I watched in horror as he fell to his knees, his hands landing on the ground in front of him as he hunched over in agony. His body shook violently, and he let out a low moan as his fingernails stretched and blackened into long sharp claws that cut deep grooves into the concrete floor beneath him.

Hot tears now ran freely down my terror-stricken face. The scent of my fear was undeniable, serving only to feed the monster quickly taking over.

Suddenly, his body stilled and the room fell into an ominous silence. With wide eyes, I watched as he slowly tilted his head up to smell the air with one long drag.

He had lost the battle.

As if in confirmation, he snarled as his body began to violently twist and curl. Sickening cracks of bone filled the once-silent room, accompanied by the rapid beat of my heart and his echoing cries of anguish.

Without warning, his head snapped up, and I could finally see his face clearly.

My breath caught in my throat.

His once warm amber eyes faded, tainted with a blood red that slowly dominated his irises, painting a feral crimson gaze that was now focused entirely on me.