Chapter 100 - Facing Fears

Willow

I'm sitting on a toilet in Paisley's house... at least, I think I am. I'm actually expecting someone to shout: 'Willow, why are you peeing on the pool table?' any second now. The thought makes me giggle, and now there's a giant banging on the door.

"Alice? Are you okay in there?"

"Paisikens is not a giant, Silly; she is a little mosquito fairy." She is small and pretty but can sting quite hard... "Oh! Does that mean she's a bee?"

"What are you mumbling about?!" She is still outside the door, sounding confused. "Stop giggling and come out."

"Am I on the pool table?!"

"No, you're in the bathroom," she assures me, laughing. "Could you get on with it? You're freaking us out."

"Missy, do you need help?" There's a bear out there too. A big, beautiful teddy bear with a voice like warm honey and skin like silk. I felt as much of it as I could before he stopped me.

"You want to come help me, Hun-Hun?"

"Hun-Hun?" Paisley chortles. "High Willow is cringy as hell!"

"N-no..." Hunter grumbles, sounding uncomfortable for some reason.

Paisley is laughing, telling him that he definitely needs to come in here and help me and bring all the hun he has in his artillery. I don't understand what she's saying. He just says he doesn't want to bring his hun anywhere, and his voice is going further and further away; he might be running away. 

No! I don't want him to run away! I need to go stop him.

"Wait? Did I just sit down, or am I finished?"

When I was about to step into the bathroom, Paisley gave me a tracksuit to change into and some maxi pads for sleepy time. She is very kind, but her clothes are weird. I'm trying to pull on the top, but the sleeves are so long, and I cannot find the hole for my head!

"Where is it? Where is it?!" I'm getting a bit irritated with this weird top, and the thing still lying on the bathroom floor looks like a top too. "Paisikens, why did you give me two tops, Silly?!" I call through the bathroom door.

"I didn't! Oh, hell, this is going to take forever! I'm coming in there!"

"Help!" I found the hole, but my arm is already in there, and now I'm stuck! "I don't understand this top!"

Wasn't I just in the bathroom helping Paisley figure out which part is the pants and which part is the top? How am I already lying on Tanner's bed now?! I keep on time travelling... I'm having time slips. Next time, I'm going to be in an ambulance, being rushed to the hospital.

Maybe I'm already in one!

No, I'm definitely on Tanner's bed; I'm just in his past because there are little cowboys on his curtains, and two dinosaurs are holding his desk in the air. I'm in a child's room... or a prehistoric jungle... with cowboys.

"It smells so good here," I sigh, snuggling into Tanner's bed and cuddling one of his pillows. It is his room because this pillow smells just like him. I love his fragrance. Hunter grunts, and for some reason, he is looking a bit peeved when I peek at him. Why would he be angry? Doesn't he like the smell? 

"Are we having this conversation now, or did we already have it... or are we still going to have it in a minute?" I ask him because time is not moving in a straight line anymore; it is jumping all over the place.

"We've had it every minute for the last five minutes, and we're having it now and are probably going to have it again in a minute," Hunter says a little aggressively.