Chapter 20: Home of the whopper 

Wyatt
Seeing Katie wear my jersey made me so happy. Then seeing her and my mom in the stands cheering me on; I didn't even care if we won. (Which we did)

After the game in the locker room, Ryan hits me on the back and asks, "Was that your girl cheering us on?"

I smile. "Yeah, that was her yelling."

Katie and my mom were yelling so loud that you could hear them from the field. I'm pretty sure I heard Izzy tell some woman to pull a stick out of her ass.

Ryan smiles. "Wyatt, your one lucky man." I just scoff. It did feel pretty nice having people yelling and cheering for you.

When I'm leaving the locker room Stacy stops me. Crap!

"Good game, Wy." She purrs like a freaking cat. What guy finds that hot?

I try my best not to look at her. "Yeah, it was."

She steps closer to me and places her hand on my shoulder. She had on way too much perfume.

I push her away and ask sternly, "What are you doing Stacy?"

She crosses her arms. "Don't play stupid Wy, I know you don't like her, I know you."

I step around her. "Well, you're wrong, I do like her, a lot. So leave me alone. I'm going to see my girlfriend."

That shuts her up.

When I walk to the parking lot I see Katie talking with my mom. I figured they would get along.

Katie looks so cute in my jersey, it's so big on her that she tucked part of the front into her shorts. No girl has ever worn my jersey and I don't think I want any girl after Katie too.

As soon as she sees me she smiles, it takes everything in me not to run and pick her up as you see in movies.

"Wy, you did so well!" My mom says as she hugs me.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to go, I'll see you at home okay?" I just nod my head.

It sucked that my mom had to leave, but I know she didn't want to. She stayed longer than she should have just to see me after the game.

My mom turns and jogs away. "It was nice meeting you, Katie!" She yells over her shoulder.

"It was nice meeting you too!" Katie yells back.

You know what screw it! I pick Katie up by her waist and spin her around.

"Wyatt!" She squeals.

I put her down laughing and hug her as tight as I can.

She's giggling as she says, "You played really well!"

She's the perfect height so when I hug her I can nuzzle my head into her neck.

"I could hear you cheering from the field."
I mumble into her hair, which smelled way too good.

"Really?" She gasps.

I pull away so I can see her face. "Yes. But I don't mind." Her cheeks turn pink after I say that. I can tell she's trying to play it off by looking down and tucking her hair behind her ears.