Chapter 32: Tyler & his little girl

Katie
After I get home from school, I see Derek sitting in the living room, watching TV.

"Hey, Der."

He pauses the TV. "What's up?" He knows me too well.

I tell him everything about Wyatt.

"Well, I'm glad you told me, Gracie, Tyler's going to freak when he finds out."

I look at the floor. "He kind of already knows."

Derek's eyes harden. "Oh?"

"Good to know."

I stand up and go to my room. Tyler is going to be pissed with me. Knowing Derek he's going to have a little chat with Tyler about not telling him.

I take a shower and wash my hair.

To dry my hair I use a round brush hair dryer to straighten it.

I dig through my closet, trying to find something to wear. I settle on a spaghetti strap crop top and a pair of bootcut jeans.

I hear my phone dig from beside my bed.

Babe: What are you wearing?

Me: I was thinking this

I send her a picture of my outfit.

Babe: Def wear that!!!!

Me: You don't think it's too much?

Babe: Would you wear that if you were going out with me and Ty?

Me: Yes?

Babe: There's your answer! Don't change yourself to impress someone else!

Me: Wait! I'm not trying to impress Wyatt.

Babe: Shutting the phone off!

Me: 🙄😐

After I finish texting Izzy I hear the front door open. It must be Wyatt.

I spray on a little bit of Bath and Body Works cotton candy body mist.

As I'm leaving my room I snatch my purse off my desk and run downstairs.

"Whoa! You look amazing."Wyatt says with his mouth open.

I blush. "Thanks."

I run my eyes down Wyatt's body. He's wearing dark blue, Levi jeans and a light blue T-shirt, with a button-up, over it.

Gosh, he looked hot.

"Have her home by eleven, no later. Dad will not be happy if he comes home and you are not here." Derek says sternly.

My dad had some type of work dinner tonight and wouldn't be home till late.

I wave bye to Derek and follow Wyatt out the door.

"Oh! Der, Tyler said he's spending the night at Izzy's since his mom is not going to be home till late tonight." I yell to Derek.

"Okay!"

I follow Wyatt to his Jeep and he opens my door for me.

"So you told Derek about us?" Wyatt asks as he pulls out of our driveway.

I cringe. "Yeah, Ty told me if I didn't he was going to tell him."

Wyatt nods his head.

"Sweetie, where are we going?" I ask grinning.

"First, we are getting dinner at Logan's Road House."

I smile. "I love that place!"

When we get there Wyatt gets a table for two near the back. For a Thursday night, it's surprisingly crowded.