Chapter 28: Early onset arthritis 

Katie
Tuesday was different. Not a bad different a good different.

Tyler made a bet with Wyatt.

Instead of me trying to explain it I'm going to let the flashback do its job.

*flashback* (Dramatic swish, noise)

"I'm going to get you back for that!" Wyatt says in between laughs.

I took a picture of Wyatt checking himself out in a mirror and sent it to the group chat.

I get to my locker and Wyatt tries to grab me.
I jump out the of way each time.

I'm not fast enough and Wyatt grabs my waist, but I squirm and try to push his arms off me.

Wyatt dramatically sighs and wraps his arm tightly under my armpits to lift me up.

"Wyatt!" I squeal.

"Good luck getting away from me now," Wyatt says completely forgetting about the picture.

Tyler and Izzy walk over smirking. Wyatt opens his locker with one hand while the other is tightly wrapped around me.

I fold my arms across my chest while my feet dangle inches off the ground.

"I'm surprised you don't have a black eye yet," Tyler says, snickering.

Wyatt shuts his locker and fixes his grip on me.

"Why do you say that?" Wyatt asks like I'm not dangling from his side.

Izzy gets her phone out and snaps a photo.
"I used to pick Kat up all the time and she would get so mad. I stopped after she almost broke one of my ribs." Tyler says.

"I barely bruised it, quit being a baby," I say sarcastically.

Wyatt loosens his grip on me and lets me down. We follow Tyler to his locker.

I kind of enjoyed him holding me.

"Remember Sophomore year when Katie twisted her ankle and you and Derek had to help her from class to class," Izzy says looking at Tyler.

"I remember that, My shoulder is still sore from hauling her around," Tyler says smirking.

"You will soon learn that Tyler is a big baby and has to be coddled," I say to Wyatt.

"It couldn't have been that bad," Wyatt says smiling.

Tyler scoffs and slams his locker shut. "You have no idea."

Izzy opens her locker. "Katie couldn't use the crutches without falling so Derek and Tyler offered to help her around."

"The worst decision of my life, now I probably have early onset arthritis in my shoulder," Tyler says jokingly.

"Aww, that's because you're weak, Tyler. No need to be ashamed." I say teasingly.

"I bet your boyfriend can't haul your ass around all day." Tyler teases back.

Before I can say my comeback Wyatt interrupts me.

"You're on," Wyatt says confidently.

"Loser pays the other fifty dollars," Tyler says with his arms crossed.

"I'll carry Katie to and from classes and if I fail I owe you fifty but if I succeed you owe me fifty," Wyatt tells Tyler.

"Oh, you're on!" Tyler exclaims shaking Wyatt's hand. I glance at Izzy who is just as confused as I am.

"What? I'm not doing that." I whine.

"You have to hold him accountable, Kat," Tyler says.

Wyatt hauls me up and over his shoulder. "Wyatt put me down!" I hit his back.

"I will yell out your middle name," I add sternly causing Wyatt to freeze.

"Get ready sweetheart, we're eating fancy tonight." I hear Tyler tell Izzy. He looks so sure of himself.

I feel Wyatt start to set me down. "No wait!" I yell while wrapping my legs around him.

"I'm not going to give Tyler the satisfaction of winning," I say grinning mischievously.

"I guess Tyler underestimated you," Wyatt replies grinning.

No, he didn't realize how close me and Wyatt have gotten. Tyler never thought I would help Wyatt win fifty dollars in a bet against him.

Wyatt puts me over his shoulder and walks to English class. I wave my middle fingers at Tyler, who is frowning with a confused look.

We get plenty of glares and stares from people around us. But for the first time, I don't care.

When get to English Wyatt sets me down and we're both laughing.

Mrs. Smith shakes her head and mutters, "Tutoring him my ass."

Wyatt's waiting for me after every class to carry me around the school.

He has been giving me piggyback rides everywhere but after my last class, Wyatt bends down and scopes me into his arms.

"What are you doing?" I ask while giving him a bored look.

"Carrying you," Wyatt says like I've gone crazy.

I wrap my arms around his neck and nuzzle my face against him. "I could get used to this," I mutter.

Why did he have to smell so good?

Wyatt carries me all the way to his car and sets me down. Tyler is waiting for us and hands Wyatt the fifty dollars.

"A bet's a bet," Tyler says sadly.

"I can't believe you let him carry you around Kat. Thanks for stabbing me in the heart." Tyler says pretending to be hurt."

"And miss the opportunity of you possibly losing fifty dollars, never," I respond smugly.

"Come on Katie, we have to go!" Izzy yells to me from her car, she's driving me to the barn and we're going on a trail ride.

"Coming!" I give Tyler a quick hug and then hug Wyatt.

"I would have carried you around for nothing, baby," Wyatt whispers in my ear.

I feel myself blush so I run toward Izzy's car. "Bye, Just Wyatt."

*flashback over.

I am now I'm my room trying to figure out what the hell happened today.

All I know is I might have enjoyed today a little
to much.

Well, one thing is for sure, I am definitely in dangerous waters emotion-wise.

Hope y'all enjoyed this cute little chapter!!!